1. Well, we haven't even got the 2015 topic open yet

Shall we aim for...January 31st as the deadline, everyone? Someone (I don't mind doing it) can open a new topic later this week to get set up.
  2. I'd like to have the 10% rule back, save the lists becoming saturated with U2.
  3. Yeah me too, since this is an U2 forum it is likely that the final list will include a huge amount of U2 songs, but the 10% rule should make it more fun.
    So if you ask me; get the 10% rule back
  4. Still working on this one... damn this is really hard, trying to limit as much as you can and then realizing you still have over 150 songs in the list... ugh!

Question: is it valid to use one slot for 2 "combined" songs?
    Some examples:
    a) Brain Damage + Eclipse (Pink Floyd)
    b) We Will Rock You + We Are The Champions (Queen)
    c) Need You Tonight + Mediate (INXS)
    d) Sirius + Eye in the Sky (Alan Parson's)
  5. I'll need confirmation on this one but I think each of your entries would count as two. In other words, the songs must be separated.
  6. The 10% rule adds a nice variety to things. It'll also be good to see what type of music everyone listens to outside of U2. Expect to see some OK GO on my list.
  7. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Still working on this one... damn this is really hard, trying to limit as much as you can and then realizing you still have over 150 songs in the list... ugh!

Question: is it valid to use one slot for 2 "combined" songs?
    Some examples:
    a) Brain Damage + Eclipse (Pink Floyd)
    b) We Will Rock You + We Are The Champions (Queen)
    c) Need You Tonight + Mediate (INXS)
    d) Sirius + Eye in the Sky (Alan Parson's)
    2 different songs

Tim will open the topic for this year later today
  8. Fair enough.

Another question, please bear with me...

Sometimes when I'm hungry, I think "what do I want to eat?" and I immediately think of some shit like a burger, or a pizza or some tacos.
    Sure, if you put in front of me a filet mignon with bacon cream sauce I would say that that's way better, but since I usually never think "I really want to eat a filet mignon with bacon cream sauce", I'm pretty sure that if you ask me "what's your favorite food?" I'll be strongly tempted to put the burgers and pizzas and bean tacos above the filet mignon (if it even make my list), even if I obviously would admit that the filet mignon with bacon cream sauce is way better than the burger.

So... that leads to the question: what kind of list are we supposed to make? the burgers or the filets mignon?

Because I don't want to come with burgers when everybody else brought filets, or viceversa, that's like going to a custom party where nobody is wearing a custom but you... one list may have Cindy Lauper and the Cranberries while another list might have The Who and The Beatles...

so... burgers or filets mignon?
  9. It's your list, it's supposed to have your tastes and personality showing through, that's what makes this topic fun. If you love burgers, put them on the list. But if you also love filet mignon and despite not eating it every day, you acknowledge that it is better than a burger and deserves more points (which is essentially what we assign in the ranking) then place it higher. If you genuinely don't like filet mignon though, don't put it in your list because others love it or it's generally considered to be great.
  10. Nobody eats filet mignon 100% of the time.