1. From this month on the Voice of Holland

Anyway, I really like OL, it has really grown on me
  2. The song is dead. I like it, but I'd be shocked if they ever played it again. They also resent the fact that it halted recording of the album...and then the movie didn't really do that well. Still, it's a really nice song, and I'd hate for it to be forgotten...but it probably will. I made my own version of SOI with the new songs, and put Ordinary Love as the closer...and Invisible as the opener. I put Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands in the middle as I was in no mood to really think about the sequence, but may change it around a bit for fun.
  3. Originally posted by pleasegone:The song is dead. I like it, but I'd be shocked if they ever played it again. They also resent the fact that it halted recording of the album...and then the movie didn't really do that well. Still, it's a really nice song, and I'd hate for it to be forgotten...but it probably will. I made my own version of SOI with the new songs, and put Ordinary Love as the closer...and Invisible as the opener. I put Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands in the middle as I was in no mood to really think about the sequence, but may change it around a bit for fun.

Might be dead, but it's alive and kicking here in Holland. Their best single (speaking of airplay, not charts) since Vertigo, I think.
  4. Originally posted by pleasegone:The song is dead. I like it, but I'd be shocked if they ever played it again. They also resent the fact that it halted recording of the album...and then the movie didn't really do that well. Still, it's a really nice song, and I'd hate for it to be forgotten...but it probably will. I made my own version of SOI with the new songs, and put Ordinary Love as the closer...and Invisible as the opener. I put Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands in the middle as I was in no mood to really think about the sequence, but may change it around a bit for fun.

Try this, it works really well

Originally posted by LikeASong:While waiting for U2.com to ship the deluxe version of the album to me, I've finally burnt an alternate version:

01 - The Miracle
    02 - California (acoustic version)
    03 - Song For Someone
    04 - Iris
    05 - Volcano
    06 - Lucifer's Hands
    07 - Raised By Wolves
    08 - Sleep Like A Baby Tonight (personal mix with parts from the regular and the alternate versions)
    09 - Invisible
    10 - This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
    11 - Ordinary Love
    12 - Cedarwood Road
    13 - The Crystal Ballroom (12" mix)
    14 - Every Breaking Wave (personal mix, starting as piano version and then going into electric full band)
    15 - The Troubles

Regarding Ordinary Love... I listened to it the other day, and it felt like it was from ages ago, not only from 11 months ago. It feels dated somehow, and it's nowhere near the quality of some of the great tracks in SOI. It feels... ordinary
  5. It is growing in me too ...when it came out i didn t like too much because i was waiting for a different sound ( something like Invisible) . Now is better accommodated between the new songs IMO . It could work acooustic during the next tour instead of Stuck in a moment
  6. They'll probably never play it live again, but I think it is a fantastic song. Will likely be featured on their next Best of
  7. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring out Ordinary Love. Even though it's not really on anyone's mind, that doesn't change the fact that it's an amazing acoustic song. I hope they put it in their acoustic rotation.
  8. In fact, it wasn't never really special until the band kicked in (and I don't mean Larry and Adam)...

9. Does anyone have the Interscope promo edit?
  10. This is the Interscope edit:

11. This performance is undeniably strong though.

12. I wonder what "undeniably" means for you The Fallon performance was like 109 and a half miles better. Bono didn't sound like a sore-throated chipmunk, Larry and Edge kept their timing right and the Fallon band really took the song to another level. Oscars was the complete opposite for me.