1. What a boring game, both sides didn't deserve to win. Argentina was the most luckiest in penalties but most likely and hopefully Germany will get the title.
    Robben and Messi were invisible.

Germany deserves the title and I really hope the defensive tactic of Argentina won't work against Germany too. Congrats to Pato
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

And proud of it

Now seriously... I've always said it. I don't understand blind patriotism, nor identifying yourself to the point of crying or becoming violent or depressed with a bunch of folks you don't know and to whom your tears don't matter at all

That's my exact feeling about sports in general!
    They play, they win, they lose.
    I don't play, I don't win, I don't lose

Don't get me wrong, I felt happy when Costa Rica played like they did, but just because they made a great game and they demonstrated that you can achieve greater things.
    But surely they didn't do anything for me
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

And proud of it

Now seriously... I've always said it. I don't understand blind patriotism, nor identifying yourself to the point of crying or becoming violent or depressed with a bunch of folks you don't know and to whom your tears don't matter at all

I agree with you as well, Sergio. I love sports for what they are but refuse or have no inkling to put any sort of emotional stake in them.

To be honest, I often think it's funny when Canada loses (usually I'm referring to ice hockey) so I can laugh at all the cry-babies around me!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

And proud of it

+1 !!
  5. Boring game indeed. Anyway the Dutch had a week squad so everybody in Holland is quite happy with the end result.

The same defense lost 10-0 against PSV in the past
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

I agree with you as well, Sergio. I love sports for what they are but refuse or have no inkling to put any sort of emotional stake in them.

To be honest, I often think it's funny when Canada loses (usually I'm referring to ice hockey) so I can laugh at all the cry-babies around me!

I think if you really love your country and really love the game your country is playing I can see you getting really emotionally invested. Mind you, crying is a bit much but people cry during movies so...
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

And proud of it

I don't think it's that much of it is really about patriotism. I identify like that with Lyon for example. It's called being a fan.
  8. Originally posted by Malahide:No but at least we thought of/had intention for attacking instead of sitting back hoping for penalties. Big chance in 90th minute. Anyway, Germany will do Europe honour

hehehe what match did you watch ????

We kick more to goal and Netherlands made a lot of fouls ( that the ref didn t ban as corresponds ).
    Argentina started the match with 3 forwards , Messi , Higuain and Lavezzi and end the regular game( time ) with 4 : Messi , Lavezzi , Palacio and Aguero .

Netherlands played with 5 defenders !!!!! and you said that who want to go to penaltys ????? hahaha

You can say that it was a tied match , that you don t like how Argenitna plays ...but not that
  9. Originally posted by bartajax:What a boring game, both sides didn't deserve to win. Argentina was the most luckiest in penalties but most likely and hopefully Germany will get the title.
    Robben and Messi were invisible.

Germany deserves the title and I really hope the defensive tactic of Argentina won't work against Germany too. Congrats to Pato

it wasn t boring to me ...but after watching Ger vs Brazil everything is boring

Robben and Messi were important for the game and the way it was . I think if Messi didn t be on the field maybe Netherland could win because you wouldn t defended so much. The same with Robben to Argentina
  10. Of course in the heat of the emotion, straight after this game coming so close to another final, I was really sad for it to end like this. I really felt we could've made it

However, "the day after" makes me proud of a team who was never expected to get this far getting this far. Well done Holland and v Gaal

On the other hand.. lost in 3 finals.. lost in 2 semi-finals (both penalties). Come on, can we please win a world cup like ever?
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

And proud of it

I agreed with Olof ...but is not my feeling but i can understand to many others feeling something special when you are from a poor country or a little one ... sometimes are countries a bit unknwon that having success on sports that gave much hapinness to a lot of people postponed .... i know how and what feel peolple from Uruguay , Colombia , Brazil and many others poor and less powerful countries
  12. Originally posted by Remy:Of course in the heat of the emotion, straight after this game coming so close to another final, I was really sad for it to end like this. I really felt we could've made it

However, "the day after" makes me proud of a team who was never expected to get this far getting this far. Well done Holland and v Gaal

On the other hand.. lost in 3 finals.. lost in 2 semi-finals (both penalties). Come on, can we please win a world cup like ever?

You are a factory of players ...more than Spain , Italy , England ... you are going to have luck soon ... i know !

Argentina always have good teams in the WC and many times we came back home earlier than we expected ... is good to feel that you go far this WC . I think Netherlands is always a top 8 sure

Van Gaal won the match vs Costa Rica doing that strange change ( goalkeeper) but i think in this one he lost the match with the early subtitutions and giving Vraar the first penalty.
    I think that missing the first penalty collapsed to the rest of the team ...why Robben didn t kick the first penalty ?

Maybe someone can tell more about Vraar , is he a good penalty taker ?