1. Originally posted by KieranU2:Just thinking, remember when this album suddenly dropped? What a thrill that was, never been so eager to get back from work. Great moment to be a U2 fan.
    Forums crashed almost as quickly as our brains. What an evening (for us European, at least) that was. We were expecting a hint for a new song, or hopefully a teaser for an album or tour, and got a complete album instead. And for free. It was incredible!
  2. SOI is after the big 2 my favorite U2 album. Unfortenately the appreciation for SOI is negatively affected by Apple launch. For me SOI is by far a better album than SOE. Especially when listening it with Lucifer hands and The Crystall Ballroom.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Forums crashed almost as quickly as our brains. What an evening (for us European, at least) that was. We were expecting a hint for a new song, or hopefully a teaser for an album or tour, and got a complete album instead. And for free. It was incredible!
    Yeah it was great. I still don't take it as failure releasing it this way. Just some whining of antiU2ers... if some trending band did that it would have been taken differently...
  4. It was definitely a great day that I'll always remember. And I do love the concept of the album and many of its songs.

But it's not really grown on me like I hoped it would. EBW, Iris, Cedarwood, SLABT, and The Troubles are still the standouts for me like they were on first listen back in 2014. The rest I can take or leave depending on the occasion (though I did really enjoy SFS and Wolves played live).

I remember being much more excited about NLOTH when it first came out. SOI coming five years later was a bit of a letdown, if I'm being honest. But maybe it's just time to re-listen more intentionally again...
  5. Happy birthday SOI!
  6. I woke up at the moment when the miracle occurred, I get so many things I don't deserve

Happy birthday Songs of Innocence! Four years ago already, wow... that release was such a special thing for me! The first half of my favourite U2 album...
  7. U2's third masterpiece!

What a way to release a new album.
  8. Strangely enough yesterday on the way home from work a few SOI songs appeared after each other on my shuffled playlist.

Sleep like a baby tonight and The Troubles are massively overlooked. Especially Baby tonight, that is a typical U2 song.
  9. Some of their very best songs are in this album. Absolutely love it. Troubles, This is where you can reach me now, Cedarwood road, Raised by wolves..Brilliant songs
  10. Congratulations SOI. In a way there are some masterpieces: Cedarwood Road, Iris, EBW, SFS to mention a few.
  11. And also the bonustracks, crystal ballroom and lucifer hands are great songs.
  12. I remember being really excited when I realised Return of the stingray guitar is on Lucifer's hands