1. Man this is the single and they're still struggling to perform it...
    (Having to play it twice on the German show)
  2. Still cannot get into this song. It's not horrible. I just can't dig it.
    Often find myself skipping and letting EBW kick off the album.
    Just suffers from Boots-itis for mine. Tries too hard and comes out forced.
    Love most of the rest of the album though. Worst is Wolves, second worst is Miracle.
  3. Originally posted by aussiemofo:Still cannot get into this song. It's not horrible. I just can't dig it.
    Often find myself skipping and letting EBW kick off the album.
    Just suffers from Boots-itis for mine. Tries too hard and comes out forced.
    Love most of the rest of the album though. Worst is Wolves, second worst is Miracle.

"Worst is Wolves" is blasphemy to me!

But I've been experiencing the same with The Miracle...I do like the acoustic version though.
  4. Starting to come around to this song. I honestly think my biggest beef with it is the parenthetical "of Joey Ramone." It's just so cheesy and unessecary, like they're trying to prove that the Ramones meant something to them. We get it. The extra effort just makes it seem like they're trying too hard. I dunno, I'm reading way too much into it.

Still not a HUGE fan of the chants either, but that's alright.
  5. Still waaay better as a lead single than GOYB
  6. Anyone else sing along to this while imagining they're singing it to U2?

7. And there was born Passengers, Mark 2.

I don't mind Miracle (would take it over SFS any day), but certainly not a stand-out on the album. It feels like single material but I would have liked to see something like ...Reach Me Now as the single; far more exciting and different. Or just said f**k it and have them go with Crystal Ballroom, although that would have meant it was on the album proper...

Also agree with Matt about the parentheses stuff, bit unnecessary á mon avis.
  8. Well, to me personally (and sorry if it's mentioned before) this song is about the most magnificent sound you've heard and changed your life. For me that was hearing the riff of I Will Follow and Bono's lyrics for the first time at some school party back in 1980 or 1981. That magnificent sound has stayed with me ever since. Just like Joey Ramone did for U2 I'm sure. And I can relate to that as well ;-)
  9. Originally posted by Corgan:Well, to me personally (and sorry if it's mentioned before) this song is about the most magnificent sound you've heard and changed your life. For me that was hearing the riff of I Will Follow and Bono's lyrics for the first time at some school party back in 1980 or 1981. That magnificent sound has stayed with me ever since. Just like Joey Ramone did for U2 I'm sure. And I can relate to that as well ;-)
    I Love the song. I feel the same about a sound you hear and you go ''What's that?'' a defining moment ..............
    For me that was seeing and hearing U2 at Live Aid.