1. Spoiler (click to toggle)
  2. You know, people were resistant when they found out Bono collaborated with Kendrick Lamar's DAMN, but I really enjoyed the track and found Bono's contributions incredibly well executed.

Chainsmokers are another case and I will admit that to this day I don't know what The Chainsmokers contributed to their song with Coldplay since it sounded like a song Coldplay could have come up on their own anyways...
  3. In my opinion either the Chainsmokers absolutely nail a song or it does absolutely nothing for me. I really liked The Best Thing with Kygo, hopefully this winds up being similarly catchy and enjoyable.

If U2 want to stay relevant like they keep saying, I really think this is the way to go. I don't necessarily agree with the decision and it's probably not what I'd do. . . but I'll hold any judgment till I hear it.
  4. He's been here all along. Hardly a showstopping vocal.
  5. It's definitely not his style at all. We see more of it in Little Things, but I disagree with the statement that Bono has been like this all along.
  6. Obviously this was a Kendrick Lamar track with U2 just "featuring" in the song, but am I crazy to wish that SOE featured more of this kind of stuff? Not necessarily hip-hop/rap, but more of a laid-back, jazz-infused musical style and baritone singing style for Bono. I'd love for them to throw a curveball that way. (Though maybe mixed with more up-tempo summer anthems like The Best Thing and more standard epic U2 fare like Little Things? )