1. Originally posted by kezman:Do any of you guys really think U2 are gonna have another "big hit" single?
    I mean they're easily the biggest group on the planet but the days of topping the charts are gone imo.I sort of come to terms with this after NLOTH,but i'm now of the opinion of who cares,as long as we get great albums and tours which theyve continued to do i'm a happy bunny.
    i was thinking that before, Vertigo really was the last hit, would be great to see a chart topper, but not in Today's ‘’music‘’ industry

2. SOI
    SOE
    JT30
    LT29

i don't mind, just give me U2 in Australia
  3. Originally posted by kezman:Do any of you guys really think U2 are gonna have another "big hit" single?
    I mean they're easily the biggest group on the planet but the days of topping the charts are gone imo.I sort of come to terms with this after NLOTH,but i'm now of the opinion of who cares,as long as we get great albums and tours which theyve continued to do i'm a happy bunny.
    WITS and Ordinary Love were also big hits (at least here)
  4. Originally posted by kezman:Do any of you guys really think U2 are gonna have another "big hit" single?

I would say to never count them out, but it's definitely a VERY slim chance. I think the only way they could make it happen is to release a song that sounded really modern, but also still captured what makes a U2 song special. Those two things don't really go hand in hand though (since U2's sound is very much a "classic" sound at this point.

I definitely think that if they managed to pull it off, it would be a divisive song amongst the fans. Case and point: that Kygo remix of The Best Thing. With the right marketing, that song has a chance to be a chart-topper. There are a ton of people on here who hated it though.
  5. 2 new songs? videos in Holland? I don't know, i hope only in a Soe album really rock like the second part of "the little things....." ,stop to pop songs like "ordinary love". And to other BOOTS
  6. I think something similar to the even better than the real thing remix would give them a chance of a number 1. It would have to be a song that sounds 'cool' whilst still having enough quality musically as well.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:I think something similar to the even better than the real thing remix would give them a chance of a number 1. It would have to be a song that sounds 'cool' whilst still having enough quality musically as well.
    That's sort of what I'm saying above, yeah. It needs to be catchy, modern, and not lame.

If they really want a #1 in 2017 it pretty much has to be something that's danceable, or rap
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    That's sort of what I'm saying above, yeah. It needs to be catchy, modern, and not lame.

If they really want a #1 in 2017 it pretty much has to be something that's danceable, or rap
    Danceable can be done well, rap not so, well in my opinion and for u2. I think the only point I'd make that kinda disagrees with what you said above is it has to unite fans as opposed to divide them, so it really needs to have the substance behind a catchy tune. I think the EBTTRT remix was quite well received, that's the kind of feedback they need to be getting from there own fans first then they've got a chance.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Danceable can be done well, rap not so, well in my opinion and for u2. I think the only point I'd make that kinda disagrees with what you said above is it has to unite fans as opposed to divide them, so it really needs to have the substance behind a catchy tune. I think the EBTTRT remix was quite well received, that's the kind of feedback they need to be getting from there own fans first then they've got a chance.
    I just meant that I think it'll have to basically be a "The Fly" type of single, one that sounds really modern and as a result sort of loses what a U2 song normally would sound like. There's no way something like that wouldn't piss some people off.

But yeah, it definitely has to have substance. Then again, Elevation, Vertigo, these songs don't really have any substance They're basic, simple, catchy rock tunes.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I just meant that I think it'll have to basically be a "The Fly" type of single, one that sounds really modern and as a result sort of loses what a U2 song normally would sound like. There's no way something like that wouldn't piss some people off.

But yeah, it definitely has to have substance. Then again, Elevation, Vertigo, these songs don't really have any substance They're basic, simple, catchy rock tunes.
    Yeah they're good points to be fair. Maybe I've just got my own idea in my head of what a current u2 hit would sound like but elevation and vertigo certainly take my substance argument out the window.
  11. Songs of Experience is NOT coming out this year. Heard this today face to face with a reliable source who we all know.

I was told no new album in 2017, band were not happy with it so that's why we have JT30 this year. It makes realistic sense to be honest.

Don't really want to say too much in case he gets into trouble but if you want to know more PM me
  12. I'm going to dub 2017 "The Year of the reliable, anonymous source!"