1. Someone needs to Photoshop Sergio's head onto Larry's body
  2. I did forget to mention in my longer post earlier yesterday that the memes were pretty funny.
  3. Something else : where does the logo on Larry's arm come from ?
    We know anything about that ?

4. Far worse. The typical 'we all look in a different direction' - cover.

To me, this is quite a non-discussion. It's a matter of taste, just like the music. I wouldn't have chosen it, but I get their point. And I'm sure that U2 as a brand and the large PR-staff that's behind them will have thought this one through.

Anyway, did we forget the 'provocative' tongue between Liam and Bono? And Adam Clayton dressed up as a drag queen? And Bono as Macphisto also was provocative for Christians as he was symbolizing the devil. It's U2 as they always have been. And I'm glad that they're still capable to do it.
  5. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]
    Anyway, did we forget the 'provocative' tongue between Liam and Bono? And Adam Clayton dressed up as a drag queen? And Bono as Macphisto also was provocative for Christians as he was symbolizing the devil. It's U2 as they always have been. And I'm glad that they're still capable to do it.

Fair points.

6. Ok so aparantly it's really a tattoo on Larry's arm, a 24-point sun.
    Still wandering what's the meaning of it. Not that he shows it, but if there's a message behind the symbol.
  7. Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]

Ok so aparantly it's really a tattoo on Larry's arm, a 24-point sun.
    Still wandering what's the meaning of it. Not that he shows it, but if there's a message behind the symbol.

I have no idea of the meaning but he's had it for many years now.
  8. To my personal opinion the cover of SOI does not fully cover the content of SOI.

U2 is a band of 4 persons, so why just 1 bandmember on the cover?

Why not the all of them on the cover with a photo of their fathers?

When you don't know nothing about U2, I can imagine that the cover is shocking.
  9. It's funny, I expected more discussion on this topic than it got. I hardly ever go to other U2 sites, but I went to Interference, and there is a 50 page thread on this topic, and it seems to be quite mean. This one got a tiny bit testy, but man...that one is crazy!
  10. Originally posted by pleasegone:It's funny, I expected more discussion on this topic than it got. I hardly ever go to other U2 sites, but I went to Interference, and there is a 50 page thread on this topic, and it seems to be quite mean. This one got a tiny bit testy, but man...that one is crazy!

Because this crew wants to keep it polite. And they're quite right.
  11. Originally posted by pleasegone:It's funny, I expected more discussion on this topic than it got. I hardly ever go to other U2 sites, but I went to Interference, and there is a 50 page thread on this topic, and it seems to be quite mean. This one got a tiny bit testy, but man...that one is crazy!

Are people really that rustled by the album cover?

If this is true, it's a good thing U2 decided to scrap their idea of having an inflatable penis during ZooTV.