1. This is why people need to invest in wearable technology to help make it more commercially available. If we all had a stylish and functional Google Glass, we'd be able to get the high quality photos we want without needing a cell phone.

When it comes to technology, you're never going to be able to put the genie back into the bottle. But ironically if you keep pushing it forward, one day you'll get to the point where it becomes basically invisible.

2. (credit: Beth Farnham)
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    These were totally different times though... Over 12 years ago. Nowadays they even encourage people to use phones (remember Merkaat at IE Tour)...
    Meerkat, I was trying to remember the name of that a couple of days ago. Hasn't really had lift of since, has it ?
  4. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    Meerkat, I was trying to remember the name of that a couple of days ago. Hasn't really had lift of since, has it ?
    Ehm... It shut down some months ago
  5. Last night I was ten feet off of the small stage on Edge's side....great spot except for the phones. I have been an offender in the past and was one last night, but I have decided not to be anymore. It severely impacted our enjoyment of a magnificent show last night. You couldn't watch the main stage without at least 10 cellphones brightly lit up in front of us blocking the view. It is time for this to change. I know it is so tempting because they are not about to confiscate your phone at the gate, and we know we can get away with something that was generally taboo at concerts. I know the boys allow it, and I have looked at it as a bonus because the band now has more money than God and certainly doesn't lose sleep over royalties. Audio recordings have always in the past needed to be discrete. U2 has a mature audience that does a pretty good job of self policing, whether it be waiting in line with GA seats or someone trying to cut into a GA spot they have no right to. We could stop this. It is OK to snap a pic here and there or even a 30 second vid, but it has gotten severely out of hand....it's not like we aren't going to buy the complete concert the day the blue ray comes out...it will make the overall experience so much better....just look at the previous picture of Bono. NO-ONE is looking at him....in the Front Row!... just let that sink in for a minute...
  6. Well keep in mind if no ne was filming you won't see any video or photo on this forum .....
  7. I do know that. Not a perfect scenario. Not trying to preach here, but it is getting worse by the day. I think a lot of people in good up close areas of GA suffered through it last night. When it was taboo, it was discrete. My wife and I have made a decision to forgo the hours of waiting in line with GA seats, which have always been more than worth the wait, and will get good seats on the sidelines. Again, I am not saying you can't take a few good pics and a 30 second vid, but, at least for me, it is now out of hand with people videoing every song. I have never felt this way before last night. The problem seems to be multiplying. Maybe I am in the minority here. I have always loved the GA atmosphere...Maybe I am just getting old.