1. I can honestly say that mobile phones have never bothered me at a gig, certainly not in the way that people smoking/ drinking alcohol does. That's just me though, and I feel sorry for anyone for whom this has spoiled the experience. For us, watching/ listening to gigs via the broadcast apps, keeping up with the Twitter feeds and seeing the fan photos and videos after the event are all fantastic ways to enjoy the tour remotely.
  2. Fecking hate them frankly...live in the moment not through a small lcd screen. Anyway there are so many people filming gigs these days it's not like the thing aint gonna be preserved on Youtube etc anyway !
  3. U2gigs usually film most of the show anyway.
  4. Indeed. It all comes back to today's "look at me" mentality in my view. Post stuff & content on social media fishing for attention
  5. Like others have mentioned on here I'm grateful for all the tapers and it's great to have all these bootlegs available to us but that's people with at least half decent equipment in many cases top of the range equipment recording a show. To me there is no benefit in standing there with an iPhone to capture an horrendous quality video and get on the nerves of the people standing behind you. I never have and never will get my phone out at a concert.
  6. Smartphones can get some great quality! But that's all gone when you maken 10 seconds Snapchats.
  7. I think if they were doing it for the benefit of having a great recording of the show even for themselves I'd be less annoyed with it but your right it's all these 10 second clips and photos or half a song that get on my nerves, it's quite ignorant really towards the artist and other fans.
  8. I was watching Beyonce concerte some days ago and there was an Iphone sea, what Im asking is where the hell are the android phones? lol
  9. And then there's those who turn their backs to the stage to try and get some sort of half-baked selfie mid-song.
  10. Now that shit has no place anywhere at a gig. Massively disrespectful to turn your back on the artist.
  11. Yes but they (we) are "professional filmers" in a sense. I mean, I upload everything I record at concerts, I have over 450 concert videos with more than 5 million views in total - you can say I pretty much take it seriously - I usually choose carefully which songs I record, and it's never (or rarely) more than 5-7 per show. What I don't stand is people recording saturated shaky crappy videos in portrait mode of parts of a song (usually they start midway through the first verse and cut after the first chorus) which they'll never watch more than once (and that's being lucky), they won't share with the world (thankfully)... No, I can't stand that. I would be ok with a sea of "serious" filmers but a sea of amateur crappers? No thanks