1. Maybe we should then just end that debate for now, in this topic. It's pointless anyway. Just get back on topic, discussing the recordings, or not and just enjoy them, or not
  2. Originally posted by Remy:Maybe we should then just end that debate for now, in this topic. It's pointless anyway. Just get back on topic, discussing the recordings, or not and just enjoy them, or not
    Thats what I've been sayin'!!!
  3. Agreed. I think we should all stop talking about it, stop sharing recordings, and generally shut down this site. It's the only way to get rid of the bandwidth and help save our Mother Earth.

4. funny & quite enjoyable discussion - at least the grass is undoubtful greener on our side, that'll be a matter of fact. But anyway enjoy your passion....

5. Originally posted by karlheinzu2:[..]

[F]unny & quite enjoyable discussion - at least the grass is undoubtful greener on our side, that'll be a matter of fact. But anyway enjoy your passion....
    This might be a good moment to express once more the intentions of the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner because people might have the wrong impression of what is going on here. Most importantly, this place is not about being more “green” than anywhere else.
    Rather, it’s about a specific kind of “bootleg” - which is essentially a sobriquet for an unofficial live recording and, in the case of U2, allowed as long as that recording is not used with the intention of making a profit.* A specific kind of “bootleg,” typically featuring alternate, or – with a more “esoteric” word – subaltern content. With which I mean that these bootlegs almost in principle do not feature the best recordings, but rather those recordings that needed a little help to be enjoyed “as much as possible,” or those recordings that have a value beyond “listening enjoyment.”

A good example of this latter category are the so-called mixlr-recordings of which there are currently no other recordings available. These recordings may have a symbolic and emotional value for those who went to that particular show. It might even be argued that those mixlr-recordings also have a historic value, either to check what was said and/or played, or as future “relic-of-the-past.”

The idea behind the remastered alternate recordings is basically that, in general, the “prime” recordings don’t need remastering. And what I mean with “remastering” is basically “equalization” (in short, the modification of bass, treble and mid-range) and volume adjustment. Nothing fancy.
    I do, however, use quite often a simple compression tool and sometimes also a generic noise reduction tool and, yes, all this could be dome in a million different ways and with different programs, but I do work with my tools as I know how to apply them. At least for now this is the case.

In sum: do not expect to find the best recordings of the ‘i+e” tour in this “bootleg-corner,” and do not expect merely lossless – but do not expect merely lossy either!
    What you can expect is that I intend to respect the tapers wishes, that I try to be honest and open about everything I do, and, last but not least, that sharing a passion for U2 live music is all that matters.

User karlheinzu2 is right that the grass is greener on “his” side: the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner is intentionally the “other” side (with a "d"!). With different leaves, colours, shades and sounds. It’s for anyone to decide for themselves whether they prefer to be in, or outside the box – or even to be on both sides!
    Complaining, however, that this is the “other” side and not the “one” side, is not only pointless but also a display of a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner (and dichotomies in general).

And to all the happy and loyal visitors of this thread, I can only say one thing: the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner is here to stay!

Yes

Lossless now availlable from showpage
    (or from this link directly)

Thanks Andy

7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    This might be a good moment to express once more the intentions of the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner because people might have the wrong impression of what is going on here. Most importantly, this place is not about being more “green” than anywhere else.
    Rather, it’s about a specific kind of “bootleg” - which is essentially a sobriquet for an unofficial live recording and, in the case of U2, allowed as long as that recording is not used with the intention of making a profit.* A specific kind of “bootleg,” typically featuring alternate, or – with a more “esoteric” word – subaltern content. With which I mean that these bootlegs almost in principle do not feature the best recordings, but rather those recordings that needed a little help to be enjoyed “as much as possible,” or those recordings that have a value beyond “listening enjoyment.”

A good example of this latter category are the so-called mixlr-recordings of which there are currently no other recordings available. These recordings may have a symbolic and emotional value for those who went to that particular show. It might even be argued that those mixlr-recordings also have a historic value, either to check what was said and/or played, or as future “relic-of-the-past.”

The idea behind the remastered alternate recordings is basically that, in general, the “prime” recordings don’t need remastering. And what I mean with “remastering” is basically “equalization” (in short, the modification of bass, treble and mid-range) and volume adjustment. Nothing fancy.
    I do, however, use quite often a simple compression tool and sometimes also a generic noise reduction tool and, yes, all this could be dome in a million different ways and with different programs, but I do work with my tools as I know how to apply them. At least for now this is the case.

In sum: do not expect to find the best recordings of the ‘i+e” tour in this “bootleg-corner,” and do not expect merely lossless – but do not expect merely lossy either!
    What you can expect is that I intend to respect the tapers wishes, that I try to be honest and open about everything I do, and, last but not least, that sharing a passion for U2 live music is all that matters.

User karlheinzu2 is right that the grass is greener on “his” side: the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner is intentionally the “other” side (with a "d"!). With different leaves, colours, shades and sounds. It’s for anyone to decide for themselves whether they prefer to be in, or outside the box – or even to be on both sides!
    Complaining, however, that this is the “other” side and not the “one” side, is not only pointless but also a display of a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner (and dichotomies in general).

And to all the happy and loyal visitors of this thread, I can only say one thing: the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner is here to stay!

These recordings may have a symbolic and emotional value for those who went to that particular show

Yes!
  8. Don't be sorry! I feel that I said it better this time than I did previously...

…meanwhile:

NEW RELEASE:

Recorded by 55anMasen (SONY Handycam "lossy audio")*
    Remastered by BIGGIRL (details under "spoiler" header)

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    LINEAGE: Sony Handycam HDR-CX 250 E > [SD card] >
    [unknown transfer] > video/mp4* > TotalRecorder 8.4
    (FLAC@16/48kHz)# > WAV (16/48) > PristineSounds2000
    (EQ + Vol. adjustment) > edit + track split > Frontend
    (FLAC) > Foobar (tags) > FRE:AC (mp3@256kb/s - 16/48khz)

TRACK LIST:

01-[PA intro: People Have The Power]^
    02-The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    03-The Electric Co.
    04-Vertigo
    05-I Will Follow
    06-[dedication]
    07-Iris (Hold Me Close)
    08-Cedarwood Road
    09-Song For Someone
    10-Sunday Bloody Sunday
    11-Raised By Wolves
    12-Until The End Of The World
    13-[Intermission: The Fly (remix)]
    14-Invisible
    15-Even Better Than The Real Thing
    16-Mysterious Ways
    17-[meerkat-thing]
    18-Desire
    19-Angel Of Harlem
    20-Every Breaking Wave
    21-October
    22-Bullet The Blue Sky
    23-Zooropa
    24-Where The Streets Have No Name
    25-Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    26-With Or Without You
    [encore fades]
    27-[Stephen Hawking]
    28-City Of Blinding Lights
    29-Beautiful Day
    30-[acknowledgements]
    31-Mother And Child Reunion [excerpt]
    32-Bad
    33-"40"

^joined in progress

NOTES:
    * as to be found here:

# the audio of the video/mp4 was done @ 48kHZ FLAC to ensure a
    proper conversion from mp4 to PCM encoding (but remains LOSSY!)

REMASTER NOTES:
    The story of this remaster already began a week after the show had
    finished, as u2start user Stefano1973 found a complete filming of
    Stockholm 4 on youtube and submitted an audio extraction to u2start.
    At that time u2start decided not to put up as there were a couple of
    issues that we wanted to solve (I was already involved, hence the
    “we”).
    One of those issues was that we wanted to contact the person who video
    recorded this Stockholm 4 and see if he (as it turned out) was willing
    to send us the original files. Fortunately the good 55anMasen has also
    registered at u2start so I managed to contact him and he agreed to send
    me the files but it remained silent after that initial contact.
    I have no idea what happened but I truly hope that everything is alright.

Anyway, as I was not completely satisfied with the audio-rip by Stefano1973,
    I did a different rip (a “pull” rather) with my TotalRecorder. I gave it a mild
    equalization to boost up the bass and to make the recording sound a bit more clear.
    I think this recorder is better to enjoy than the mixlr-recordings I shared
    previously, but still a recording with some issues. The two main handicaps
    are 1) the audio limiter of the Sony Handycam, which boost the quiet parts
    even above the louder parts, and 2) some close-by whistlers. I have dealt
    with both issues as good as I could.
    Nevertheless I think this “bootleg” is best enjoyed over speakers, for
    instance in a car or from an iPod docking station.

THANKS to Stefano1973 for pointing me in the direction of this recording
    (from an otherwise very decent 1-cam!) by 55anMasen. Once again I hope
    everything is OK with him and maybe he will still send me – or someone else –
    the original files of his video.
    BTW: upload credits have been added to Stefano1973’s account.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DISCLAIMER:
    DON'T CONVERT TO FLAC AND TRADE THIS OFF AS "LOSSLESS" FOR IT IS NOT !!!
    download from u2start showpage
  9. Awesome, glad to hear the taper is hip to releasing it lossless.
  10. I don't know the original source but the Berlin 4 remaster sounds so shrill. I wish the original source would be shared. Knowing thefly's recordings I am sure it won't be too bad.
  11. Originally posted by olli66:I don't know the original source but the Berlin 4 remaster sounds so shrill. I wish the original source would be shared. Knowing thefly's recordings I am sure it won't be too bad.
    The original recording is shared on u2torrents and dime.