Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. I'm so excited. My dad and I are going to the first night in Chicago, gonna try and get us seats for night 2 with my other 2 presale tix!!'

2. I'm drooling over seeing this live again. I hope the do the same stage entry they did back then, too... goose bumps.
  3. didn't they sort of rule out putting streets first (was it edge who said it, in the RS article?), because the song has become this sort of pinnacle that needs to be earned/reached during each show?

I mean, I wouldn't mind hearing it as an intro... it'll be a massive goosebumps moment for sure!
  4. Originally posted by flowerchild:didn't they sort of rule out putting streets first (was it edge who said it, in the RS article?), because the song has become this sort of pinnacle that needs to be earned/reached during each show?

I mean, I wouldn't mind hearing it as an intro... it'll be a massive goosebumps moment for sure!
    It may have been just a soundbite.
  5. Originally posted by flowerchild:didn't they sort of rule out putting streets first (was it edge who said it, in the RS article?), because the song has become this sort of pinnacle that needs to be earned/reached during each show?

maybe. but it would suck if they play album out of sequence...
  6. Originally posted by flowerchild:didn't they sort of rule out putting streets first (was it edge who said it, in the RS article?), because the song has become this sort of pinnacle that needs to be earned/reached during each show?

A typical U2 answer:

Are you going to play the album in sequence at the shows?

I believe we will, and I say "believe we will" because that is certainly the working assumption right now. The show might not necessarily start with Track One, Side One, "Where the Streets Have No Name," because we feel like maybe we need to build up to that moment, so we're still in the middle of figuring out exactly how the running order will go, so yes. We will be playing the album in sequence.
  7. I don't want their hands to be tied. Like I want them to play the entire album, but the best part of U2 shows (imo) is how well their set lists flow so I wouldn't want the flow of the show be jeopardized by them playing the album in sequence. But it's U2, and if they do play it in sequence, I'm sure they'll make it work
  8. Originally posted by Release3:I don't want their hands to be tied. Like I want them to play the entire album, but the best part of U2 shows (imo) is how well their set lists flow so I wouldn't want the flow of the show be jeopardized by them playing the album in sequence. But it's U2, and if they do play it in sequence, I'm sure they'll make it work
    So, you don't think the existing sequence of TJT flows as is? That's part of why they sequenced it as it is... for the flow. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. All I'm saying...
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    So, you don't think the existing sequence of TJT flows as is? That's part of why they sequenced it as it is... for the flow. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. All I'm saying...
    No, it clearly doesn't. Or at least it could be improved

They didn't even choose the album's running order themselves!
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    No, it clearly doesn't. Or at least it could be improved

They didn't even choose the album's running order themselves!
    Steve Lillywhite's wife if I'm not mistaken

Girlfriend or wife anyway. She ranked them in order from her favourite to least favourite (with the caveat that Streets be first and Mothers be last) and U2 just liked her order so they kept it!
  11. x
  12. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Steve Lillywhite's wife if I'm not mistaken

Girlfriend or wife anyway. She ranked them in order from her favourite to least favourite (with the caveat that Streets be first and Mothers be last) and U2 just liked her order so they kept it!
    Indeed. Mrs MacColl.

I'm not so sure about fav > least fav order, but rather according to "her preference".

(Or at least that's what I want to think... How can anyone prefer Trip Through Your Wires to One Tree Hill is beyond the limits of my imagination)