1. I have dabbled but feel a little embarrassed about walking around the city centre effectively chasing children.

I've never seen a game take off quite like this though. If this was around when I was 12....
  2. I'm on board with this. It's actually a really nice evolution of what Ingress started. Simpler in many ways, but all the fun elements are still there. Less nebulous Ingress + Pokemon = guaranteed hit.

Of course the fun will be over in Edinburgh the first time someone walks straight off Arthur's Seat trying to catch a Zubat.
  3. In my city several kids and teenagers were already robbed because they played it. Staring at the screen, people push them, they get irritated and the other one grabs their phone. Dang. The game is out since Wednesday in Germany (officially).

In another German city, Pokestops were used to kidnap kids - just wait there, they will come....

Regardless all the other problems: people play it while driving, walking....they fall, they have accidents etc.
    Plus: you can catch Pokemons everywhere: on train rails, cemeteries - and even Auschwitz. (Just the Holocaust memorial in Berlin is not playable)

The idea to bring kids back outside might be nice. But this is a ridiculous dangerous game because people keep staring at their phones even more then they already did before and bad things happen because of it. They run across the street without looking, they run down into private poverties they don't know, forest/park areals they also do not know etc.
  4. good points, sparko...
  5. Originally posted by sparko:In my city several kids and teenagers were already robbed because they played it. Staring at the screen, people push them, they get irritated and the other one grabs their phone. Dang. The game is out since Wednesday in Germany (officially).

In another German city, Pokestops were used to kidnap kids - just wait there, they will come....

Regardless all the other problems: people play it while driving, walking....they fall, they have accidents etc.
    Plus: you can catch Pokemons everywhere: on train rails, cemeteries - and even Auschwitz. (Just the Holocaust memorial in Berlin is not playable)

The idea to bring kids back outside might be nice. But this is a ridiculous dangerous game because people keep staring at their phones even more then they already did before and bad things happen because of it. They run across the street without looking, they run down into private poverties they don't know, forest/park areals they also do not know etc.
  6. I agree with you, Sparko
  7. Just downloaded it...

The servers are down.
  8. I m sorry , i listen a lot of this , but i don t know how it works ..someone who explain me please ?
  9. Basically it's an app that uses the GPS and camera of your smartphone to catch Pokemon (only 1st gen Pokemon -total of 150-). They appear as you walk to certain areas in your city like parks, libraries, churches, etc. You catch them, collect them and even battle with other people.
    I'm not sure if the app also has the ability to trade Pokemons like in the Gameboy games.