1. Dirty Day and Exit paired up would be a nice combo
  2. I may repeat myself, but given that I prefer Streets in the dark, Out Of Control would be the perfect opening song for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - it's powerful, a fan favourite and the measure is 4/4 - which works better than 6/8 (Breathe e.g.).
    Then Pride oder Sunday as 2nd song and you have a powerful, sing-a-long-opening.

I'd love them to stick to 1979-1989 - Desire, Angel of Harlem and All I Want Is You
    would fit well, both musically and lyric-wise.

Really looking forward!
  3. I have a strong feeling they'll play the album in sequence, just because it'll make more sense and because it's easier than trying to figure out a setlist with each song fitting in somehow.

Not to mention I know Bono went to see the Roger Waters "The Wall" tour and probably loved that, and he likely saw the Dark Side of the Moon tour as well. It's just the thing to do.
  4. i think it will the format of some JT shows from
    87 where most of the album was played anyway like that Rosemont Show. Or it will be greatest hits first half and Joshua tree after an intermission that way Streets will be in darkness and the anticipation would have been built... finish on Mothers of the Disappeared.
  5. Originally posted by zooropa93:i think it will the format of some JT shows from
    87 where most of the album was played anyway like that Rosemont Show. Or it will be greatest hits first half and Joshua tree after an intermission that way Streets will be in darkness and the anticipation would have been built... finish on Mothers of the Disappeared.
    That's sort of what Roger Waters' Dark Side of the Moon tour was. He came out, played some of his new tunes and a few hits (maybe like 30 minutes) - short intermission - played Dark Side in its entirety - came out for an encore and did like another half hour of hits.

6. I could not disagree more. Beautiful Day isn't even a favorite of mine but it is so good live.
  7. I would be disappointed if BD was in the setlist.
  8. Beautiful Day blew me away in 2009 when I saw it for the first time. I'm pretty sure I've spaced out every time they've played it since then.

9. I agree with you but couldn't they simply start the show "in the dark?"
  10. For better or worse, if they play anything post JT, they'll play Beautiful Day.