1. I don't love it but I don't dislike it, just don't get why mix with the original version, don't make any sense to me. And someone said something about lip sync and stuff, I am sure that they will use a backtrack for this one at least to make the chorus and outro more strong and it's normal, it's not the end of the world, so many rock artists uses backtrack to improve bits of some songs. Bon Jovi uses backtrack on Livin' On A Prayer since '87 and its cool....
  2. I really want to hear it with better quality, when that bit of the vinyl commercial was out I hated the horns but now in the full version sounds cool
  3. Originally posted by hello123:[..]
    You do raise some pretty valid points there. I also agree that he can still bring it live ( I think the 2/7/15 show from Chicago is a great example from this and I still listen to that show a bit, I think its one of his best vocals in recent years) this why I was a bit perplexed by some (not all) parts of this new version of RHMT. I do like warm tone in his voice, thats one thing about the ATYCLB/ Elevation tour period that I like - I would take that over the thinner style he has been going with recently, because his lower warmer register is still pretty good imo and he should use it more.

Agree with you on the Chicago show! We'll have to see what the tour brings. I hope this new version grows on you a bit in the meanwhile. I'll be intrigued to hear the new mix of One Tree Hill... I'd love to hear Edge's guitar solo on the outro bought out more - something that really adds to the climax of the song in the live versions that I've always felt wasn't done justice on the studio cut.
  4. Originally posted by lloydius57:[..]

Agree with you on the Chicago show! We'll have to see what the tour brings. I hope this new version grows on you a bit in the meanwhile. I'll be intrigued to hear the new mix of One Tree Hill... I'd love to hear Edge's guitar solo on the outro bought out more - something that really adds to the climax of the song in the live versions that I've always felt wasn't done justice on the studio cut.
    I agree if one tree hill can be improved more it is only with the edge's solo featuring more prominently. Vocally though I don't expect Bono to be able to reach the heights like he did on the 'raining' parts but that's fair enough. I also have to say I'm 100% sure he cannot reach the notes on red hill mining town for the chorus parts at least not in the same key or octave or style. Again that's not a criticism, I've said in the past Bono is 56 nearly 57 years old he's a great singer considering. I think he's a technically better singer now but his range isn't as good and songs like RHMT emphasise this, so I fully expect pretty loud bono 87 vocals over the live vocals for the tour.
  5. Isn't that bad... new backing vocals sounded good, only bad part is the old chorus... I enjoy it, and hope they didn't drop of the setlist (hear the old chorus make me affraid they drop the song early, even in rehearsals)

6. Who would have expected you to be negative!
  7. like xxx of lamar nothing of interesting, imho, waiting for tour and soe
  8. Biggest disappointment ever.
  9. The time we sat here waiting for an exclusive announcement from U2.com on a live stream, but then got the Tiesto Mix of Pride which was released earlier in the day was the biggest disappointment ever.
  10. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    The time we sat here waiting for an exclusive announcement from U2.com on a live stream, but then got the Tiesto Mix of Pride which was released earlier in the day was the biggest disappointment ever.
    hahahaha I remember that so clearly, it was incredible. Pure U2.com
  11. It was cool to hear unused 1987 Bono tracks in the outro - even if it means we lose the "lights go down" line, I love hearing outtakes and unused recording and this kinda gave us a sneak peak.

There was one moment where I didn't hate the horns.

Other than that, this was incredibly uninteresting and seems so pointless. I don't hate it, but I don't get why they would make half of a new mix and then splice it with the original with some overlays. The change in vocals is jarring and just reminds me that I could be listening to the original instead.

Oh well I guess.

12. Sorry, joking. I wish it was. But yes Ajax Amsterdam Arena ofcourse. Ziggo Dome was so fantastic in 2015.