2017-05-21 - Pasadena
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 5
  1. The way this tour is going by the time it hits Europe Noel Gallagher will be doing The Joshua Tree & U2 will come on at the end for Elevation, Mysterious ways & COBL !!
  2. Originally posted by treasure:The way this tour is going by the time it hits Europe Noel Gallagher will be doing The Joshua Tree & U2 will come on at the end for Elevation, Mysterious ways & COBL !!
    If they replace ASOH for IWF once, I'm afraid they'll keep it that way.
  3. an audio from Rose Bowl night 2

4. Originally posted by gurtholfin:And if they aren't playing deep cuts because fans nod off, well that's just chicken shit.

ASOH is the only song so far that has excited me about seeing other than seeing Exit again.
    YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING BUTNOT CHICKEN HERE MISTER!
  5. It's ok. Everyone can express their mind if they are not saying anything offensive.
  6. It's easy to judge these two shows based on the setlists and say "wow, LA didn't get anything special." However, I will say that attending the concerts was an entirely different experience altogether. The video screen adds a massive component that cannot be accurately depicted in a recording or even a video. From a performance standpoint, pretty much every song was on point with a few exceptions where I didn't understand the concept behind the performances.

Personally, I was never expecting any new material to come out on this tour aside from the Joshua Tree material that we haven't seen for years and years. The fact we have ASOH and Little Things is a bonus in my eyes. I don't think we should be concerned about setlist variation and set length in the context of future tours. I think they deliberately chose this set length to make the Joshua Tree portion the primary focus of the show. I think questions of Bono's health or endurance should be shelved for the time being. If Bono is struggling to last through longer sets, he didn't show any signs of that this weekend.

Finally, I initially wasn't sold on Little Things as a closer. I am now. Sunday's performance was absolutely fantastic. I hope this becomes a regular set closer, but I feel we will never see it on the first night of 2 night stays.
  7. Originally posted by ahn1991:It's easy to judge these two shows based on the setlists and say "wow, LA didn't get anything special." However, I will say that attending the concerts was an entirely different experience altogether. The video screen adds a massive component that cannot be accurately depicted in a recording or even a video. From a performance standpoint, pretty much every song was on point with a few exceptions where I didn't understand the concept behind the performances.

Personally, I was never expecting any new material to come out on this tour aside from the Joshua Tree material that we haven't seen for years and years. The fact we have ASOH and Little Things is a bonus in my eyes. I don't think we should be concerned about setlist variation and set length in the context of future tours. I think they deliberately chose this set length to make the Joshua Tree portion the primary focus of the show. I think questions of Bono's health or endurance should be shelved for the time being. If Bono is struggling to last through longer sets, he didn't show any signs of that this weekend.

Finally, I initially wasn't sold on Little Things as a closer. I am now. Sunday's performance was absolutely fantastic. I hope this becomes a regular set closer, but I feel we will never see it on the first night of 2 night stays.
    I know most of hardcore fans loved Little Things, but what was the crowd reaction to this song? Do you think it connected with casual fans?
  8. Originally posted by ahn1991:It's easy to judge these two shows based on the setlists and say "wow, LA didn't get anything special." However, I will say that attending the concerts was an entirely different experience altogether. The video screen adds a massive component that cannot be accurately depicted in a recording or even a video. From a performance standpoint, pretty much every song was on point with a few exceptions where I didn't understand the concept behind the performances.

Spot on.
  9. Every U2 show I've ever been to has been awesome no matter what they play but I guess it wouldn't kill them to throw us die hard fans a bone. ASOH would do for me. The version of Bad on this tour isn't a patch on the version I got at my last 4 shows in 2015 so I'm not even bothered about that just give me ASOH & TJT & I'll be happy. Not so much to ask.
  10. I don't get the set list griping- they're playing 6 songs that rarely ( if ever) get played...if they want to play hits for the rest of the show I'm fine with that- seeing them do those 6 songs will be amazing
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:What's the best way (i.e., social media platform) nowadays to let the band know that fans are unhappy with the dropping of ASOH
    There's gotta be a good way to ensure they are aware of this, no?

Drop Elevation or MS and bring Ordinary Love (where's the U2.com thing) to life and ASOH, OOC ofcourse. At least do it in Europe.