2017-07-22 - Dublin
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. I just read the setlist party
  2. Spoiler: If you don't like negative reviews, don't read on..

This is my 13th full show U2 and the first time I'm returning underwhelmed. Something about this just didn't connect with me. And it may just be me (I hope so).

A few minor points:

I thought B-man was pretty off his game tonight. I didn't mind ASoH not being played as Bad is a great tune, and one I love, but he butchered it. Again (for Croker - see Croker 3 from 360). I couldn't make out what snippet he was singing and neither could the crowd. And worse, he retried it, attempting to get the crowd singing it and it didn't take.

U2 singing in Dublin should feel like an Irish occasion, but he seemed more focused on bigging up the US. And no disrespect intended, not the most popular place in the world at this moment in time.

It's the least effort I've ever seen him try to engage with the crowd, oddly. His singing was so-so. All which has me believe that he had a massive hangover from a huge session in his place last night

Miss Sarajevo opening the encore - I like this version and I like the song. Little Things is an ok tune but a dreadful closer that lead to the most subdued and confused crowd clapping off, which was a shame as it was a great crowd lapping up each of the hits.

It's astounding that a band of this experience don't get things like this.

I think the biggest hang-up I have is that none of this felt fresh or particularly innovative. We've seen the giant tv in Popmart, the Vertigo red/ black screen, Joshua Tree (fantastic album and some terrific songs) is a 30-year old album. For a band that have done so much in terms of innovating live music, this felt a lot like stasis.
  3. Originally posted by KaiserJose:And worse, he retried it, attempting to get the crowd singing it and it didn't take.

U2 singing in Dublin should feel like an Irish occasion.

Heroes would've been so much better! Was a bit cringe when he retried.

Agreed!
  4. Bad, what a travesty.
  5. American leg gig
  6. Maybe Bono saw more Americans than Irish in the crowd and thought he was in Boston.
    But honestly, there were far more people outside of Ireland in the gig.
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Maybe Bono saw more Americans than Irish in the crowd and thought he was in Boston.
    Standard...phone in shows on Irish radio all week were complaining about that
  8. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Maybe Bono saw more Americans than Irish in the crowd and thought he was in Boston.
    Shit. I started doing trips to Ireland offseason because 1st time I went it seemes all I saw were Americans...
  9. Originally posted by KaiserJose:Spoiler: If you don't like negative reviews, don't read on..

This is my 13th full show U2 and the first time I'm returning underwhelmed. Something about this just didn't connect with me. And it may just be me (I hope so).

A few minor points:

I thought B-man was pretty off his game tonight. I didn't mind ASoH not being played as Bad is a great tune, and one I love, but he butchered it. Again (for Croker - see Croker 3 from 360). I couldn't make out what snippet he was singing and neither could the crowd. And worse, he retried it, attempting to get the crowd singing it and it didn't take.

U2 singing in Dublin should feel like an Irish occasion, but he seemed more focused on bigging up the US. And no disrespect intended, not the most popular place in the world at this moment in time.

It's the least effort I've ever seen him try to engage with the crowd, oddly. His singing was so-so. All which has me believe that he had a massive hangover from a huge session in his place last night

Miss Sarajevo opening the encore - I like this version and I like the song. Little Things is an ok tune but a dreadful closer that lead to the most subdued and confused crowd clapping off, which was a shame as it was a great crowd lapping up each of the hits.

It's astounding that a band of this experience don't get things like this.

I think the biggest hang-up I have is that none of this felt fresh or particularly innovative. We've seen the giant tv in Popmart, the Vertigo red/ black screen, Joshua Tree (fantastic album and some terrific songs) is a 30-year old album. For a band that have done so much in terms of innovating live music, this felt a lot like stasis.
    Pretty much sums it up for me too. It was brilliant but it never took off.
  10. Pretty much in agreement.
  11. NO ASoH????

buuuh!!!

Return the money !!