Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I feel like that 100% but honestly more so than ever, I've never went from hating a song to really liking it and in such a short space of time too. I've went from meh to brilliant or meh to poor but never from hate to liking a track.
    I was kinda like that with Discotheque back in the day - I was all over the place with it - one day I liked it - next day I thought what the heck has happened to my band, the day after I loved it, and that relationship with Discotheque still continues to this day lol. I do love it actually for the most part, but some days am just not in the mood for it.

I was always on board with The Fly though - I loved that from the getgo, going back to the Hansa demo's - that's a rock band in full flight. Had a friend who dropped U2 thereafter, and have heard about plenty of other people who did the same. I don't think this song is quite as divisive as The Fly was when it came out.

I'm loving You're The Best Thing though, that hook is absolutely infectious - I'm being careful not to overplay it. Just the production is a wee bit ropey I'd say in places, but the melody and sentiment is so great I can get past the shortcoming there. Hopefully they'll be cranking it out at tonights gig, would be so great if they air a few more - got a feeling Mexico and South America may be getting some longer shows - fingers crossed for fans in those places.
  2. Alright Michael, I'm good mate, hope your well yourself, enjoying the new u2 material and boring my family with it too lol, (boring them more with the obsession than the songs themselves I suspect).
  3. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    I was kinda like that with Discotheque back in the day - I was all over the place with it - one day I liked it - next day I thought what the heck has happened to my band, the day after I loved it, and that relationship with Discotheque still continues to this day lol. I do love it actually for the most part, but some days am just not in the mood for it.

I was always on board with The Fly though - I loved that from the getgo, going back to the Hansa demo's - that's a rock band in full flight. Had a friend who dropped U2 thereafter, and have heard about plenty of other people who did the same. I don't think this song is quite as divisive as The Fly was when it came out.

I'm loving You're The Best Thing though, that hook is absolutely infectious - I'm being careful not to overplay it. Just the production is a wee bit ropey I'd say in places, but the melody and sentiment is so great I can get past the shortcoming there. Hopefully they'll be cranking it out at tonights gig, would be so great if they air a few more - got a feeling Mexico and South America may be getting some longer shows - fingers crossed for fans in those places.
    I guess they 3 songs you mentioned there are a great example of the variety of u2 and sometimes that variety probably is a challenge for some. I reckon for those just about clinging on from the previous change of direction Discotheque was probably the final straw, such a drastic difference from the early days right up until TJT. I personally like Discotheque though and The Fly is one of my favourites. Yeah hopefully get a live performance tonight of The Best Thing see how it sounds in a stadium .
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Alright Michael, I'm good mate, hope your well yourself, enjoying the new u2 material and boring my family with it too lol, (boring them more with the obsession than the songs themselves I suspect).
    That's good, h boring the family. badluck for them hahaha.
  5. If I can get my daughter on board then my fiancé will have to put up with it, If it goes the other way the earphones will be getting a lot more use lol.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    If I can get my daughter on board then my fiancé will have to put up with it, If it goes the other way the earphones will be getting a lot more use lol.
    Ohh, hopefully they come round
  7. I don't think it's anything to do with them not liking it just how often I play u2. My fiancé went to the recent Twickenham gig with me and the Glasgow 2015 (night 2) and enjoyed both shows, I'm just a bit excessive with u2 at times. But then I imagine a few of us on here are.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don't think it's anything to do with them not liking it just how often I play u2. My fiancé went to the recent Twickenham gig with me and the Glasgow 2015 (night 2) and enjoyed both shows, I'm just a bit excessive with u2 at times. But then I imagine a few of us on here are.
    Ohh same here bud, always talking about it to people who couldn't care less, I have spent a full day on this site, Great Therapy
  9. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    Ohh same here bud, always talking about it to people who couldn't care less, I have spent a full day on this site, Great Therapy
    So it's definitely not just me lol. Well to bring this back on topic and in relation to your response about which songs they'd play on the promo tour I think you could be right about The Little Things being a doubt due to it already being played a bit, they might want to keep it for the E&I tour however what do you think of the possibility of a new single a bit nearer the time of the album release? I think it would make sense just for marketing purposes to have something else appear between now and then and for it to be played on the promo tour.
  10. The new letter from Bullet the Blue Sky is directed to Donald Trump and Kim jong un?
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    So it's definitely not just me lol. Well to bring this back on topic and in relation to your response about which songs they'd play on the promo tour I think you could be right about The Little Things being a doubt due to it already being played a bit, they might want to keep it for the E&I tour however what do you think of the possibility of a new single a bit nearer the time of the album release? I think it would make sense just for marketing purposes to have something else appear between now and then and for it to be played on the promo tour.
    I'm not sure mate, I reckon the rest of the album Will be a surprise, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get another song before the albums released.

Think 4 new songs before the release is abit much, the 3 we have seen is enough in my mind. I'm really surprised too that it hasn't leaked online especially in this day and age
  12. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    I'm not sure mate, I reckon the rest of the album Will be a surprise, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get another song before the albums released.

Think 4 new songs before the release is abit much, the 3 we have seen is enough in my mind. I'm really surprised too that it hasn't leaked online especially in this day and age
    Yeah probably will be kept a surprise, I was just looking at single release dates and they do only tend to release one single before the album is out but it's usually a bit nearer the time like a month before release but yeah they have given us enough to enjoy until the release. I'm not sure what lengths they are going to but I think measures have been taken to prevent it leaking online however it does still seem an achievement we haven't heard more considering they've been playing tracks for people, must be very trustworthy people.