1. Originally posted by fv45pfap:If U2 really let this "competition" happen, without taking longtime membership on u2.com into account, it may seem smart marketing at first glance. Push album sales, push ticket sales, this way even more tickets can be sold at secondary markets like Seatwave, StubHub, because it is not so clear anymore who gets a chance at buying good tickets and who does not. And u2.com may try to sell it to us that scalpers will not do all these efforts as it is too time consuming for scalpers. However, I think it causes severe damage to their reputation/image that they care for and stand by their long time followers, who might be not that active on soclal media as Justin Bieber fans for example. I wonder if the band knows about this.
    I have to think they do. I have to think this is a TicketMaster idea being pitched to artists... obviously Springsteen and Taylor Swift handled them differently. I think the way U2 have worked the pre sales has worked so far, although it did nothing to alleviate touts, like the goal of the Ticketmaster plan is supposed to address... Either way, Ticketmaster has their legal scalping site that they get a cut from, so it's not like it's going to eliminate it anyway...
  2. We can hope that things will be a fair system to anyone subscribed like previously. Be it long term or those who enter a subscription solely for the purpose of obtaining show tickets at a decent price without being ripped off.
    At least this way we stand a chance to gain tickets. And most of us have been successful.
    The last thing U2 as a band would want is another backlash that would capitalise on their previous iTunes giveaway. They could well do without that.
    It would be a grave oversight to think that they could be dictated to by a corporate elect like Ticketmaster about how ticket allocation is distributed amongst the faithful/loyal fans who go to the effort to renew subscriptions etc.
  3. I have seen on the internet a contract clause of Katy Perry where she/her management is entitled to sell a significant percentage of tickets themselves directly on the secondary ticket market, so these tickets were never put on general sale. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/katy-perry-rider?page=5
    I think It would be a safe bet that most artists with tours that are most likely to sell out have these clauses. With Springsteens Broadway shows hundreds of tickets were on StubHub the moment the tickets went on sale via the Verified Fan Program of Ticketmaster.
  4. Originally posted by fv45pfap:I have seen on the internet a contract clause of Katy Perry where she/her management is entitled to sell a significant percentage of tickets themselves directly on the secondary ticket market, so these tickets were never put on general sale. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/katy-perry-rider?page=5
    I think It would be a safe bet that most artists with tours that are most likely to sell out have these clauses. With Springsteens Broadway shows hundreds of tickets were on StubHub the moment the tickets went on sale via the Verified Fan Program of Ticketmaster.
    If you go back a few pages there was a link to an insider who knew of only one high profile artist that tour this year that didnt put tickets on resale sites. The artist wasnt mentioned, but my gut tells me it was Tom Petty..
  5. FYI... I just got an updated email from u2.com saying they are aware of the SMS issue and are working on it. Perhaps due to overwhelming inquiry. Lol
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    If you go back a few pages there was a link to an insider who knew of only one high profile artist that tour this year that didnt put tickets on resale sites. The artist wasnt mentioned, but my gut tells me it was Tom Petty..

Awesome! just because of this, I will make a point of going to his next tour!
  7. Just got this from u2.com team:

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your email. I'll be glad to assist you today.

As long as you filled in the correct mobile number, and you checked the box that says: "I agree to receive SMS messages in order to participate in subscriber presales if and when the band goes on tour, and understand that I may not be a part of the first ticket presale opportunity without supplying this information." Then you are signed up.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Maybe that clarifies
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Just got this from u2.com team:

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your email. I'll be glad to assist you today.

As long as you filled in the correct mobile number, and you checked the box that says: "I agree to receive SMS messages in order to participate in subscriber presales if and when the band goes on tour, and understand that I may not be a part of the first ticket presale opportunity without supplying this information." Then you are signed up.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Maybe that clarifies
  9. we will have to wait and be patience