1. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    and this:

"MSG&DATA rates may apply. By signing up you authorize us to use automated technology to send up to 5 messages per month to the mobile number you supply. Text HELP for help or STOP to opt out, to 775-98. Your consent is not required and is not a condition of purchase. Click here for terms. Questions: sms-support@u2.com"
    Got it.
  2. Sounds good, I look forward to these changes.
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    I like this part:

[..]
    Brilliant idea...gives us back the old-skool, all night ticket queue

(and make those tickets look nice & colorful again!)
    It won't be for people who don't get the show in their country... But nice coloured tickets would be good
  4. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    It won't be for people who don't get the show in their country... But nice coloured tickets would be good
    Good point, but I can get you Amsterdam tickets, if you can get me Glasgow tickets...

Fans can be creative - we know each other, right!

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    I know you are not from Glasgow, but I'm sure we'll get you Amsterdam tickets
    - I just have set my heart on seeing them in Glasgow on the E+I
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    That's where this part comes in...

or they can send in a cheque and stamped, self-addressed envelope. And that’s it. Make those the only ways to buy tickets.

Or... you could do like we did then. Travel to the city, go to the venue the morning of show and wait at the box until they did a ticket drop (like they always did - and since you didn't have the touts buying them up on line, there were usually plenty for everyone who was in line)

What? Yes, you are right. It is how we used to buy tickets before the internet. And, yes, it worked far better for us.
  6. Good point! One does need local stamps though (e.g. UK ones for sending Glasgow tix to Holland )...'cos not everyone lives in the States
  7. I couldn't agree more and those of us lucky enough to then know someone working in the local record store would (if asked) put a few tickets aside for the lads.

It seemed so much easier back then. I remember getting a ZOOTV ticket for the 30 August 1992 show right at the Yankee Stadium ticket office. $30, if memory serves me correct.

A good friend at the time followed the band across the USA on this tour and never had a problem getting a ticket anywhere.
  8. Anyway, I'm still going to pre-order my SOE Deluxe CD with u2.com...I don't mind the 2 weeks extra wait...
  9. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Good point! One does need local stamps though (e.g. UK ones for sending Glasgow tix to Holland )...'cos not everyone lives in the States
    Like I said... you gotta work for it.
    Kids today... they don't know just how good they got it!
  10. Originally posted by daymo1202:I couldn't agree more and those of us lucky enough to then know someone working in the local record store would (if asked) put a few tickets aside for the lads.

It seemed so much easier back then. I remember getting a ZOOTV ticket for the 30 August 1992 show right at the Yankee Stadium ticket office. $30, if memory serves me correct.

A good friend at the time followed the band across the USA on this tour and never had a problem getting a ticket anywhere.
    I actually showed up in Boston (on St. Patrick's Day, no less) for Zoo TV and had no problem getting tickets at box office. Also won a pair from radio station broadcasting there, too!
  11. have they sent info on pre-sale yet?