1. Lols.

Does sound a hell of a lot like Beautiful Day. I keep an open mind. Definitely feeling the F'Mac refs everyone's mentioned.
  2. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]

Lols.

Does sound a hell of a lot like Beautiful Day. I keep an open mind. Definitely feeling the F'Mac refs everyone's mentioned.
    with the difference that Beautiful Day was still rock song...
  3. They do seem to be writing melodies that are similar to other tunes....

When I start humming YTBTAM..... I find myself humming EBTTRT.

Try humming “when your free enough to know its children who teach” and then try humming “give me one more chance and you’ll be satisfied”......

I haven’t counted out the syllables but even the pacing feels the same.

Those two have VERY similar verses IMO.
  4. I like what I hear. Yes, it has some strong resemblence with Beautiful Day, but that's fine to me since that is a great song.

The Coldplay references people are talking about puzzle me a bit. Coldplay started writing U2-inspired songs. Saying U2 sound like Coldplay is saying U2 sound like U2.
  5. One sad fact about most bands, the drums become the least focused, and become more generic as a career goes on. U2 are at the point where I would be shocked if drums became any type of focal point. Remember Larry on the Tonight show for "Invisible." Perhaps that song was named for how they felt about the drums.
  6. Ryan Tedder have a huge influence on how it sounds... miss Brian Eno e Danny Lanois.
  7. "Fight back, don't take it lying down you've got to bite back.

The face of liberty is starting to crack, she had a plan until she got a smack in the mouth and it all went south like freedom.

The slaves are looking for someone to lead 'em, the master's looking for someone to need him. The promised land is there for those who need it most and Lincoln's ghost says get out of your own way."

Wow, interesting lyrics. Sounds like a song that empowers people to fight back for democracy and freedom.

8. Isn't Ryan Tedder the same guy that worked with that One Republic and Paul McCartney recently? If so....

I do hope this album really has some quality moments.
  9. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    One sad fact about most bands, the drums become the least focused, and become more generic as a career goes on. U2 are at the point where I would be shocked if drums became any type of focal point. Remember Larry on the Tonight show for "Invisible." Perhaps that song was named for how they felt about the drums.
    I actually found the drumming on The Blackout for exemple to be very interesting and complex during the verses. Could have definitely been waaay more simple.

Same for the Best Thing, the drumming is varied throughout the verses and brings the whole energy into it.

I also feel like Larry's drumming for The Little Things is good, he really gets into it playing live it's great to see.
  10. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Isn't Ryan Tedder the same guy that worked with that One Republic and Paul McCartney recently? If so....

I do hope this album really has some quality moments.
    Ryan Tedder is the lead singer of one republic and worked on 4 tracks from SOI, every Breaking Wave, Iris, song For Someone and The Miracle. That list of songs makes me think favourably of his work, the first 3 in particular I love.
  11. The videos have been taken down now.