1. Or it's like listening to a cell phone stream of the concert from your computer and then saying "shit concert"

Oh wait...
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    Or it's like listening to a cell phone stream of the concert from your computer and then saying "shit concert"

Oh wait...
  3. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:Why post thoughts on a snippet? Why look at photos of a video shoot before the video drops? Why post on a fan forum? Why do anything?

Exactly. It's the whole point of a forum
  4. Originally posted by ahn1991:Reading people's opinions regarding new U2 songs based on minute long clips is an even more confusing experience than reading Donald Trump's twitter feed. I'm just gonna wait for them to release something before passing judgement.
    I judged The Best Thing based on Tidal's 20 second clip and I still stand by that first judgement 100%.

I agree that you can't properly judge a whole album having heard 3+½ songs, BUT you can of course say "I don’t think this album is going to be very good" if you don't like any of the 3½ songs (which is actually like a 35% of the whole album).
  5. Originally posted by LarryMullenFan:I like what I hear. Yes, it has some strong resemblence with Beautiful Day, but that's fine to me since that is a great song.

The Coldplay references people are talking about puzzle me a bit. Coldplay started writing U2-inspired songs. Saying U2 sound like Coldplay is saying U2 sound like U2.

Agreed
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    Or it's like listening to a cell phone stream of the concert from your computer and then saying "shit concert"

Oh wait...
  7. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

Oh wait...
    Haha. Well said.
  8. Ok just got around to watching the videos and it makes me wonder how people are able to form any opinions whatsoever. Between the fact the wind covers up most of the audio and the shaky cell phone camera quality, I really think people are desperate for this album to come out, just to say it's bad.
  9. Originally posted by ahn1991:Ok just got around to watching the videos and it makes me wonder how people are able to form any opinions whatsoever. Between the fact the wind covers up most of the audio and the shaky cell phone camera quality, I really think people are desperate for this album to come out, just to say it's bad.
    There's a video without wind.
  10. Originally posted by ahn1991:Ok just got around to watching the videos and it makes me wonder how people are able to form any opinions whatsoever. Between the fact the wind covers up most of the audio and the shaky cell phone camera quality, I really think people are desperate for this album to come out, just to say it's bad.
    You can still hear the song in the videos. It sounds like another pop jingle. It’s fine to form a preliminary opinion based on what we’ve seen. Some people say they like what they hears, some say they don’t. Both opinions are absolutely fine.
  11. Originally posted by ahn1991:Ok just got around to watching the videos and it makes me wonder how people are able to form any opinions whatsoever. Between the fact the wind covers up most of the audio and the shaky cell phone camera quality, I really think people are desperate for this album to come out, just to say it's bad.
    I really think people are desperate for this album to come out, just to say it's bad

I've been thinking this every album since AB...