1. Actually, if you give the album a fair chance, it's pretty interesting and some songs are really great. Of course, if you expect a U2 album in the tradition of the sounds they produced before, you'll be disappointed.
    But if you treat it as the 1st album of a new band (or a collection of true OSTs) you'll discover cool things.

And getting back to U2: Songs like Slug, Your blue room or Always Forever Now are still better than anything U2 has put on a record in the last 10 years.
  2. Originally posted by yeah
    And getting back to U2: Songs like Slug, Your blue room or Always Forever Now are still better than anything U2 has put on a record in the last 10 years.

as willing as ever to put your neck on the line. . . . .
  3. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Get Miss Sarajevo (if you don't have it already on some other album). Spend your remaining money on the new Britney Spears album, it's of higher quality than the rest of Passengers. The commonality is that they both share as much with their previous musical history.

As a girl growing up in the 90s I have the pride to say that I have never owned a Britney Spears CD, although I was a little bit of a teenie bop because I loved BSB, N*Sync, but my ultimate favorite was the Spice Girls (seeing them in little under 2 weeks).
    ..........wow have these bands ever been spoken about about in a U2 forum? HA!

I do have Miss Sarajevo, which I believe was on the Best of 90-00 album. I saw that song live on the 2nd leg of Vertigo it was very memorable hearing Bono singing the opera part (he did it too on u2 3d which was amazng! )

I , as well, am a completist, and feel like I do need to get it. I don't even have the B sides of many albums and feel like I need to buy those.

Does anyone have the new edition of the Joshua Tree? and are the songs that much more polished? How are the B sides on that? I heard Wave of Sorrows and it was really good.
  4. Originally posted by molang7[..]

Does anyone have the new edition of the Joshua Tree? and are the songs that much more polished? How are the B sides on that? I heard Wave of Sorrows and it was really good.

the sound on the actual Joshua Tree is much better. It's really noticeable during some songs (Notably One Tree Hill and Mothers) and definitely worth picking up. As for the b-sides, Wave of Sorrow quickly wore off and the others aren't that special. I kinda like Rise Up but thats all for me.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

the sound on the actual Joshua Tree is much better. It's really noticeable during some songs (Notably One Tree Hill and Mothers) and definitely worth picking up. As for the b-sides, Wave of Sorrow quickly wore off and the others aren't that special. I kinda like Rise Up but thats all for me.

I guess I have more U2-spending to do! It never stops!
  6. Originally posted by molang7[..]

I guess I have more U2-spending to do! It never stops!

then you get an ebay account. . . . .
  7. Originally posted by molang7[..]
    but my ultimate favorite was the Spice Girls (seeing them in little under 2 weeks).
    ..........wow have these bands ever been spoken about about in a U2 forum? HA!

We have even had two Spice Girls topics at some stage... The shame

Spice Girls....

Bono writes a song for the Spice Girls

Of course the second one proved to be a nasty lie.

These topics are not for the faint-hearted if you are young (as I suspect you must be) and actually like the Spice Girls. You have been warned...

Originally posted by molang7

Yes and very good. With 1 or 2 exceptions.

Check this topic out:-

The Joshua Tree, Edition Deluxe.

Be warned it's a lengthy read but will address your concerns very thoroughly.
  8. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Get Miss Sarajevo (if you don't have it already on some other album). Spend your remaining money on the new Britney Spears album, it's of higher quality than the rest of Passengers. The commonality is that they both share as much with their previous musical history.

I hope it's a joke, because Passengers > Entire Britney Spears career. This album is great, seriously Miss Sarajevo is good, but there's much better stuff like Beach Sequence, Your Blue Room and Slug, for naming few songs. I gave it a chance and I discovered some of the best U2 did of the 90s to today
  9. I've grown to sort of appreciate the album. Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo obviously the best tracks on there, but I like A Different Kind of Blue and Always Forever Now too. The B-Sides to Miss Sarajevo are pretty good as well! Except Viva Davidoff, that's crap.
  10. i dont consider this one as an u2 album
  11. Originally posted by yeah

Agreed to about ten or so songs in recent times (2000-2007). As compared to 50 in the 80s and 90s.
  12. I actually enjoy the Passengers album. I own it on vinyl, too. And don't expect me to give it up. It's soothing, albeit weird. Miss Sarajevo has always been one of my favorites of the '90s... Most of my friends just don't get that song....

At my school, where I teach Spanish, I convinced a student to perform Miss Sarajevo with me at the Italian "Befana" party that the Italian program had last month. This 11 year old girl managed to sing most of Pavarotti's part (in her soprano, not tenor, voice) quite well. I on the other hand had to take on the lower tenor parts (and the lyrics that Bono originally sang). The parents loved it!

But, sorry, no recording of our performance exists. Maybe we'll polish it for our upcoming Talent Show in April (and get you all a YouTube clip).