1. I'd rather listen to this Album than the remixes they use to fill out singles!
  2. Originally posted by u2spear:Its a strange one for me, I never saw it as a U2 album because it was called Passengers but I don't know. Considering BrianEno joined for that album makes me think that its not U2 been as U2 is only 4 men.

Would you class No Line on the horizon as a U2 album then?

3. 200%. It's a shame more people don't recognise it as a great album, let alone a U2 one and just think Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room are the best on that album, while there's another 11 songs on there that deserve more recognition than those two.

I added Bottoms and Viva Davidoff to the end of the album so it kind of extends the weirdness of it.

4. I didn' really think about that but yeah I would. NLOTH can be played live without Eno and barely involves him in backing vocals (I think). But I think U2 can pull these songs off on there own. It is also released as a U2 album. Also I think Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1 is a piece of **** compared to No Line on the Horizon. I listened to the whole album today to give it another chance and I have to say its pretty shocking... Only one differnt song caught me and that was One Minute Warning, but even that wasn't that special.

I'm glad they didn't release it as a U2 album because that would have been embarrassing. I accept its original and brave and different but I don't think it is one spot on any album under the name of U2. I wouldn't put any of the songs of OST1 onto NLOTH personally.

Sorry for the rant and sorry if I offended anyone by saying how bad it is.Obviously just my opinion.
  5. Originally posted by u2spear:[..]

I didn' really think about that but yeah I would. NLOTH can be played live without Eno and barely involves him in backing vocals (I think). But I think U2 can pull these songs off on there own.

Actually they can't, that's why they use backing tracks, prerecorderd parts and additional musicians under the stage... Eno and Lanois played addiotional instruments for NLOTH, lend backing vocals and even are credited for co-writing 2 songs. Makes me wonder why Original Soundtracks isn't a U2 album but NLOTH is...
  6. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Actually they can't, that's why they use backing tracks, prerecorderd parts and additional musicians under the stage... Eno and Lanois played addiotional instruments for NLOTH, lend backing vocals and even are credited for co-writing 2 songs. Makes me wonder why Original Soundtracks isn't a U2 album but NLOTH is...

Cuz Passengers is crap and NLOTH isn't. And if you look at the artist it says Passengers, not U2.

So are you saying Gone isn't a U2 track because they need the pre-recorded part?

If U2 started playing any of the Passengers songs live (except for Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room), people would just walk out because they are shocking, and U2 wouldn't dare play them because they are shocking....
  7. Originally posted by u2spear:[..]

Cuz Passengers is crap and NLOTH isn't. And if you look at the artist it says Passengers, not U2.

So are you saying Gone isn't a U2 track because they need the pre-recorded part?

If U2 started playing any of the Passengers songs live (except for Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room), people would just walk out because they are shocking, and U2 wouldn't dare play them because they are shocking....

Okay, so good songs are U2 songs, bad songs aren't

I never said that a track isn't a u2 track when additional parts are used. I was just answering you "they can pull off NLOTH alone" part.

People even stay when U2 start playing horrible stuff like, Stuck, Bad or that idiotic Crazy remix, so don't be so negative. ;-)

8. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Okay, so good songs are U2 songs, bad songs aren't

I never said that a track isn't a u2 track when additional parts are used. I was just answering you "they can pull off NLOTH alone" part.

People even stay when U2 start playing horrible stuff like, Stuck, Bad or that idiotic Crazy remix, so don't be so negative. ;-)

1st of all, no-one is allowed to criticise Bad infront of me, possible the best U2 song ever written.

2nd Stuck is a pop song and casual fans like it, it got to No. 2 in the UK (which is good for U2)

3rd Crazy Remix is cool, changes the atmosphere, is original and a good sing-a-long for the crowd.

Unfortunately there are some bad U2 songs, Playboy Mansion, Drunk Chicken, Bass Trap and Endless deep are U2 songs. But they aren't played live...

How can people claim that Passengers is U2 album, when it is called Passengers, u2 are obviously too embarrased to attatch their band name to it.

9. All I Want Is You should be the best U2 song ever written. Levitate does run a very close second to it.

Unfortunately there are some bad U2 songs, Playboy Mansion, Drunk Chicken, Bass Trap and Endless deep are U2 songs. But they aren't played live...

I don't understand how people can like something like One but not The Playboy Mansion.

How can people claim that Passengers is U2 album, when it is called Passengers, u2 are obviously too embarrased to attatch their band name to it.

If they were embarassed by it - which I don't think they were - why would they release Miss Sarajevo, do a video for it and play it live as recently as 2006 and then go to release Your Blue Room for a single, edit it for radio and play that in their current tour? To me, that sounds like they were pretty happy with it. I've just never understood why people don't like the rest of it.

I wouldn't put any of the songs of OST1 onto NLOTH personally.

It wouldn't fit at all. Maybe Miss Sarajevo would but the rest of the songs just don't fit the style.

The Playboy Mansion should have been played in full by now, Drunk Chicken wouldn't have much of a chance because Ginsberg isn't around anymore (and it sucks hard), Bass Trap could be an interlude to some track and Endless Deep the same...but I don't see any of those, save Playboy Mansion, as concert songs.
  10. Originally posted by u2spear:[..]

1st of all, no-one is allowed to criticise Bad infront of me, possible the best U2 song ever written.

2nd Stuck is a pop song and casual fans like it, it got to No. 2 in the UK (which is good for U2)

3rd Crazy Remix is cool, changes the atmosphere, is original and a good sing-a-long for the crowd.

all of Passengers is better than 90% of what U2 have put out since 2000. Stuck In A Moment and All Because Of You are bigger embarassments.

Id take another Passengers album before another sellout radio album. Difference is, one makes money and the other doesn't. That should be a source of embarassment for a credible band.
  11. What is enjoyable about Passengers?

Someone pleaaaaase tell me...