1. It is a weird and interesting album...Miss Sarajevo is of course a great classic, I also love Your Blue Room, it's a cool and sexy song

Originally posted by edlomaxI actually enjoy the Passengers album. I own it on vinyl, too. And don't expect me to give it up. It's soothing, albeit weird. Miss Sarajevo has always been one of my favorites of the '90s... Most of my friends just don't get that song....

At my school, where I teach Spanish, I convinced a student to perform Miss Sarajevo with me at the Italian "Befana" party that the Italian program had last month. This 11 year old girl managed to sing most of Pavarotti's part (in her soprano, not tenor, voice) quite well. I on the other hand had to take on the lower tenor parts (and the lyrics that Bono originally sang). The parents loved it!

But, sorry, no recording of our performance exists. Maybe we'll polish it for our upcoming Talent Show in April (and get you all a YouTube clip).

Wow, that must have been amazing! And yes, we want the tube link ASAP!
  2. just out of curiosity, i listened to quick like 20 secs clips of the songs. is there a lot of singing involved? or mostly just experimental music.
  3. Originally posted by molang7just out of curiosity, i listened to quick like 20 secs clips of the songs. is there a lot of singing involved? or mostly just experimental music.

It is mostly instrumental...

United Colors, instrumental
    Slug, has vocals, but a lot of instrumental bits too.
    Your Blue Room, has vocals, but it's a 50-50. 50% of the song's time is just music.
    Always Forever Now, just repeats these three words till the end in a weird voice.
    A Different Kind of Blue, has vocals, but it's the weirdest vocals you've ever heard. Just saying some lines in a soulless kinda voice!
    Beach Sequence, just one line :"Time shoots on by".
    Ito Okashi...it has vocals but you would wish it didn't, Judge yourself: http://www.u2start.com/songs/152/
    One Minute Warning, short vocals.
    Corpse and Elvis Ate America have vocals, Elvis' vocals are pretty cool!
    Plot 180, instrumental.
    Theme from the swan, instrumental.
    Theme from let's go native, instrumental.
  4. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

I hope it's a joke, because Passengers > Entire Britney Spears career. This album is great, seriously Miss Sarajevo is good, but there's much better stuff like Beach Sequence, Your Blue Room and Slug, for naming few songs. I gave it a chance and I discovered some of the best U2 did of the 90s to today

Yep. It was definitely a joke.
  5. I gave Your Blue Room a few spins on the iPod last night and have to show my admiration for the song. How could Bono sing in shuch a low voice? Awesome
  6. To go back to the inital question: To me it counts as a U2 release for a simple reason: Miss Sarajevo and Your blue room both made it on the Best of 1990-2000 release, so the band seems to view it as a U2 release. I'm with U2wanderer there.
  7. Originally posted by yeahTo go back to the inital question: To me it counts as a U2 release for a simple reason: Miss Sarajevo and Your blue room both made it on the Best of 1990-2000 release, so the band seems to view it as a U2 release. I'm with U2wanderer there.

I have to agree...
    I think it's an official release... same reason as Yeah!!
    cheers!
  8. While the in the Original SoundCHATS interview, The Edge introduces himself as a member of Passengers, I still put it in the U2 camp.

For me, Passengers is like the 'chill out' record after a long night out - in this case the glamour and glitz of ZOOTV.

And fun for us, they had another "night out" in them, in the dayglo of POPMART. Nice!

I listen to Passengers ALOT while at work. It is far from wallpaper music. But it isn't TOO rock for the office. I often get pleasant comments. And funny one's too. "What, not listening to U2 today?" (As I listen to U2 lots at the office) I just smile and say, "not today".

9. Originally posted by yeahTo go back to the inital question: To me it counts as a U2 release for a simple reason: Miss Sarajevo and Your blue room both made it on the Best of 1990-2000 release, so the band seems to view it as a U2 release. I'm with U2wanderer there.

It's a very valid point
  10. Originally posted by yeahTo go back to the inital question: To me it counts as a U2 release for a simple reason: Miss Sarajevo and Your blue room both made it on the Best of 1990-2000 release, so the band seems to view it as a U2 release. I'm with U2wanderer there.

read that myself. You can't just claim a song or 2 from the album. If you put one song from that album on your Best Of then you have to accept the whole album.
  11. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

Ito Okashi...it has vocals but you would wish it didn't, Judge yourself: http://www.u2start.com/songs/152/

oh wow, Bono speaking Japanese? That's something I shouldn't miss out on!
  12. Originally posted by molang7
    Originally posted by Ali709[..]

oh wow, Bono speaking Japanese? That's something I shouldn't miss out on!

No, that's Holi, a Japanese singer that Brian Eno knew and he called her for singing on the track