1. yes. milan dvd. i will look for the jt LA right now.

thanx
  2. Originally posted by RickJKDMANi was wondering if i could get everyones help.
    i want to make a 4 disc best of u2 live compilation for a couple individuals who are going through a really hard time. one being cancer, the other is going through depression.

they both are big u2 fans and i want to lmake this as professional as possible.

ideas on setlists, eras, cover art, etc.. would be amazing.

please respond.

thanx
    rick

Hi Rick! Welcome to the forum! What a sad situation. What you are doing for your Uncle and your friend is great. Like LikeASong said, we're here to carry each other. If you need anything else for this cd feel free to ask me and I'll see if I have it.
    Hope this cd helps ease some of the pain. Your Uncle and your friend will be in my prayers
  3. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Hi Rick! Welcome to the forum! What a sad situation. What you are doing for your Uncle and your friend is great. Like LikeASong said, we're here to carry each other. If you need anything else for this cd feel free to ask me and I'll see if I have it.
    Hope this cd helps ease some of the pain. Your Uncle and your friend will be in my prayers

thanx a million. i am back from work and i have some free time to work on this. yeah!!

choosing this song order and which version of the songs to use is harder than i thought.
  4. Originally posted by RickJKDMAN[..]

thanx a million. i am back from work and i have some free time to work on this. yeah!!

choosing this song order and which version of the songs to use is harder than i thought.

I'd be glad to help if you need any deciding the song order. Also, what are you thinking about for cover art? I can try and help you with that if you want.
  5. i know i am starting with this

cd1
    city of blinding lights (chicago)
    vertigo/stories for boys (chicago)

cd2

cd3
    zoo station (windows in the sky cd single)

cd4

as far as cover art
    using 2 , 2 disc covers, so 2 front and 2 back covers. i cant decide on what direction to take it yet. a collage?, or 1 picture . i do like some of the black and white photos that were taken on the last tour. ill have to see if i can find them in my collection. those are just ideas right now.
  6. Originally posted by RickJKDMANi know i am starting with this

cd1

cd2

cd3

cd4

as far as cover art
    using 2 , 2 disc covers, so 2 front and 2 back covers. i cant decide on what direction to take it yet. a collage?, or 1 picture . i do like some of the black and white photos that were taken on the last tour. ill have to see if i can find them in my collection. those are just ideas right now.

Good idea with black and white. Also, if this is going to be eras, I think a collage would be neat considering your uncle is a long-time U2 fan. Which version of Zoo Station is on the Window In The Skies single? Speaking of which, Window In The Skies might be a good song to use. What are some your uncle's favorite songs?
  7. well my uncle really loves all that you cant leave behind. loves all u2 though. my sisters friend and neighbor is the one with cancer. its for her husband. he is a big u2 fan . always a big fan. wasnt too much of a fan with actung baby and on from that. he is a big fan of these periods now because his wife gave recently bought him u2 by u2 now he is really getting into all the eras from zootv and on, so its catch-up time for him. i want it to encompass all eras. i would like to do a few songs twice. one on 1 or 2 and another on 3 and 4. a few songs so far i was thinking of doing that with are "out of control", "i will follow", and "sunday bloody sunday".

cd1
    electric co/ rat in a cage (chicago)
    elevation (milan)
    beautiful day (slane)

cd2

cd3
    zoo station (windows in the sky single version) not sure on location yet.

cd4
  8. Originally posted by RickJKDMANwell my uncle really loves all that you cant leave behind. loves all u2 though. my sisters friend and neighbor is the one with cancer. its for her husband. he is a big u2 fan . always a big fan. wasnt too much of a fan with actung baby and on from that. he is a big fan of these periods now because his wife gave recently bought him u2 by u2 now he is really getting into all the eras from zootv and on, so its catch-up time for him. i want it to encompass all eras. i would like to do a few songs twice. one on 1 or 2 and another on 3 and 4. a few songs so far i was thinking of doing that with are "out of control", "i will follow", and "sunday bloody sunday".

cd1
    electric co/ rat in a cage (chicago)
    elevation (milan)
    beautiful day (slane)

cd2

cd3
    zoo station (windows in the sky single version) not sure on location yet.

cd4

Kite would be a good song for both. ZooTv wise, I'd do Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World from Dublin 8-28-1993, or anything from sydney 1993.
  9. kite from sydney during the vertigo tour is my favorite. long version but very very heartfelt and i also like the slane version.

trying to throw is great idea.

which version of eleven oclock tick tock ? i was thinking the one from the another time another place bootleg from boston during the boy tour or even boston 83. any suggestions on that?

two versions of the fly possibly. one from boston 2001 is a must.
  10. Originally posted by RickJKDMANkite from sydney during the vertigo tour is my favorite. long version but very very heartfelt and i also like the slane version.

trying to throw is great idea.

which version of eleven oclock tick tock ? i was thinking the one from the another time another place bootleg from boston during the boy tour or even boston 83. any suggestions on that?

two versions of the fly possibly. one from boston 2001 is a must.

The second version of The Fly has to be ZooTv Sydney. As far as EOCTT goes, the Under A Blood Red Sky Version is good.
  11. cd1
    electric co/ (chicago)
    elevation (milan)
    beautiful day (slane)
    sunday bloody sunday (denver 87 rattle and hum)
    wake up dead man (slane)
    one tree hill (denver 87)

cd2

cd3

cd4

maybe two versions of i still havent found ...... i love milan version!!

what is the best version of "sometimes you cant make it..." and "miracle drug"

some compilation name ideas i have been floating around in my heard are:
    "the songs are in your eyes"
    "Live under one atomic sky"

just early ideas.

12. Originally posted by RickJKDMANcd1
    electric co/ (chicago)
    elevation (milan)
    beautiful day (slane)
    sunday bloody sunday (denver 87 rattle and hum)
    wake up dead man (slane)
    one tree hill (denver 87)

cd2

cd3

cd4

maybe two versions of i still havent found ...... i love milan version!!

Original of the Species from chicago 5-10-05 is another song you might want to use.