1. Ladies & gents: I used to download torrents occasionally on my iMac with Vuze (version 4.7.0.2), but lately when I go to "the Bay" and try to download one, it gives me an error in Vuze:

"Error : I/O Exception while initializing download of 'magnet: ?xt=urn:btih:032be054cf8ea59724635c7a9b2e8728a7ac202d&dn=.....IOException: Configuration error. This is not a directory: /Users/jeremy/Library/Application Support/Vuze/torrents"

Anyone have any suggestions? What are magnets?

EDIT: Looks like I figured it out with a bit of reading on the interwebz.....nevermind!
  2. you guys might remember my problem with my 60gb ipod classic that completely died a few weeks ago.
    now I went to an Apple store, asking for the costs of repairing (garantuee long since gone, ipod's over 6 years old).
    They said I should expect around 220 Euro for repair, could be higher in the end though
    I think I'll have to bury the ol' pal. And start saving money for a new one
  3. Sorry to hear that Kirsten, but it was to be expected when there is no guarantee
    I'd say save for a new one is the best option.
    Buttons: no problem
    Jeremy: ok
  4. Anyone able to help with a problem I'm having with my Mac?

I need to use an external hard drive to back up my files, but it's not writable on Lion, just readable. It refuses to accept new files copied to the external drive.
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Anyone able to help with a problem I'm having with my Mac?

I need to use an external hard drive to back up my files, but it's not writable on Lion, just readable. It refuses to accept new files copied to the external drive.

Have you formatted the drive in Disk Utility? A lot of the portable drives are not natively readable on a Mac and need converting
  6. Nope. If I did format it in Disk Utility - I have a lot of crap that can go anyway - will it be readable on both Mac and Windows?

7. If it's only readable because it's NTFS, you can use TxNTFS. I...emm...got it using torrents, for a friend, and it fixed her problem. When you install it your Mac can read and write on NTFS drives.
  8. Still no ntfs write support out of the box? Even linux comes with that since a couple of years.
  9. Not that it would appear unless you format it in OSX and then use it.

Which is ridiculous, but that's this for you.

If it's only readable because it's NTFS, you can use TxNTFS. I...emm...got it using torrents, for a friend, and it fixed her problem. When you install it your Mac can read and write on NTFS drives.

I'll have a look into it. Thanks Ali.
  10. Yep, the format is the issue. Choose the one that is for both Windows and Mac.
  11. couldn't wait any longer now that I've given up my 60gb classic ipod. A day without my ipod playing for me is a lost day, seriously.

new one arrived today. ipod classic 160gb.... synchronizing with itunes as I type, storage will be used to the max

me is broke but happy.
  12. Welcome to the 160GB Classic club