1. Hmm probably needs more experienced hands than mine to have a crack at it. Do you want me to try anyway? Can't make any promises it'll be much use.
  2. Originally posted by KieranU2:Is anyone an audio expert there? Or knows a lot about audio?

I just done a phone interview and it has went pear-shaped. I was admittedly under-prepared and used an app to record the phone call. Unfortunately the other end, which is needed most for the content, is very quiet – to the point where it is almost unlistenable. I need this asap so I can write it up as I need to get it back to a PR of the band I interviewed. Is there anyone who can work on it and see if they can bring some of the sound out? It would honestly be much appreciated. I'd buy you a drink but I suppose we would be a bit far away.

Cheers.

I can give it a shot. Don't promise great results but I've done similar things in the past with decent degrees of success. Let me try!
  3. I had a go in Logic Pro X, for my pretty noobish skills it was a hopeless task. If anyone can fix that I'd like to know how.
  4. I was speaking to Ross last night who is pretty much a sonic architect, if you will, a sound expert. He said it is beyond repair.

I doubt you will be able to get it to work, Sergio, but if you can, expect a present in the post.
  5. Hmmm it's not only really quiet in dB level but also pretty distorted, there is not much you can do to solve this I'm afraid.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Hmmm it's not only really quiet in dB level but also pretty distorted, there is not much you can do to solve this I'm afraid.

Thanks for trying, I thought that was going to be the case from the start. Sigh.
  7. That was the band's PR talking and it sounds like he's talking with his entire hand over his mouth. It isn't worth it. Thanks very much for trying, though.
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:That was the band's PR talking and it sounds like he's talking with his entire hand over his mouth. It isn't worth it. Thanks very much for trying, though.

No worries. I would really like to help if possible, I know how important these interviews are.
    Did his voice come across well for you? And which app did you use for recording it?
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

No worries. I would really like to help if possible, I know how important these interviews are.
    Did his voice come across well for you? And which app did you use for recording it?

On the phone it was fine, obviously, but when I was playing it back his voice sounded so distant. I used an app called 'Call Recorder' which had 4.5 out of 5, so I obviously thought it was great. Even tried it out beforehand and it sounded good. Unfortunately it ended terribly.

However, from memory I have managed to gather enough to make it look alright so I might have salvaged something from it.
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

On the phone it was fine, obviously, but when I was playing it back his voice sounded so distant. I used an app called 'Call Recorder' which had 4.5 out of 5, so I obviously thought it was great. Even tried it out beforehand and it sounded good. Unfortunately it ended terribly.

However, from memory I have managed to gather enough to make it look alright so I might have salvaged something from it.

I'm so sorry that we can't do anything to rescue it. Luckily you can remember enough from the conversation to do a decent transcription from it It's strange that you'd tested the app and it worked fine, but it worked like this when used in another conversation. Did you record it the exact same way? The file we have sounds like it was recorded from the phone's microphone (picking up just the sound that went out from your mouth and from the phone's speaker) and not through the direct line, as the calls you hear on the radio for example.