1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I'm so sorry that we can't do anything to rescue it. Luckily you can remember enough from the conversation to do a decent transcription from it It's strange that you'd tested the app and it worked fine, but it worked like this when used in another conversation. Did you record it the exact same way? The file we have sounds like it was recorded from the phone's microphone (picking up just the sound that went out from your mouth and from the phone's speaker) and not through the direct line, as the calls you hear on the radio for example.

Yeah, it's all fine now. I managed to recall a fair chunk of the interview and it is getting published.

I know, it is strange. 4.5 out of 5 my arse - it's shit. I recorded it exactly the same way, and yeah it was only recording my voice not the other end. Disappointed in technology.
  2. Can anyone recommend a decent set of speakers for a record player? I'm currently using Bose headphones but there more I do that, the more likely I am to get tinnitus (that is part joke, part serious). I'm willing to spend a fair amount of money on them.
  3. Originally posted by KieranU2:Can anyone recommend a decent set of speakers for a record player? I'm currently using Bose headphones but there more I do that, the more likely I am to get tinnitus (that is part joke, part serious). I'm willing to spend a fair amount of money on them.

Look into the used market. The good stuff can be really expensive new. We have some very nice Bang Olufsen speakers we bought used.
  4. ^ Altec Lansing speakers aren't bad either. Decent balance of bass / treble. Bought them second-hand and they work awesome. Better than the constant unfixable (supposedly) low hum from the Creative speakers.

I have a 'problem' with iTunes. Ever since upgrading to the latest version (for Mac) there is this button that appears and can't be disabled or removed - at least through any option I've been able to find.

It's the three-lined button between 'iPhone' and 'iTunes Store'. When you click it, a list box comes up but has no options in that list box that appears.

5. I noticed that symbol yesterday and realised that it virtually does nothing. I've just ignored it for the meantime, maybe Apple are onto fixing it or something.
  6. What I wondered was why testing would have put out this software yet not seen a button that does nothing just sitting there.

With all the criticism that Apple gets for iTunes (and a lot of it rightly so) you think they'd be testing it and checking for oversights like this. Well least I know I'm not the only one who's seen it and wondered.
  7. On the whole, I appreciate iTunes, but I can see why people want to loathe it and criticise it.

I clicked on it again and it lists two categories: Wish List and Previews.
  8. ^ Hahaha it actually does something now.

It's been there for like a month just dormant.
  9. It sort of does something but when you click it, a second later it disappears.
  10. Certainly not a well-created function.

Hopefully they get rid of that button and integrate it elsewhere. Too many functions over usability and simplicity at times.
  11. Tried to look for the technology topic and it's gone ?
    My question is anyway, what is the best GPS to buy ?
    Shoot me a message please or even suggestions are welcome too...
    Thanks
  12. ^ Welcome to the Technology Topic.