1. Originally posted by Buttons:Tried to look for the technology topic and it's gone ?
    My question is anyway, what is the best GPS to buy ?
    Shoot me a message please or even suggestions are welcome too...
    Thanks

Dedicated GPS are a thing of the past in my opinion. Smartphones have excellent GPS guiders, which are faster, easier to use and handier to update than those old huge gizmos. Just my $0'02 though.

On another note: Nokia to present two new Lumias by this time next week, together with WP 8.1
  2. Originally posted by Buttons:Tried to look for the technology topic and it's gone ?
    My question is anyway, what is the best GPS to buy ?
    Shoot me a message please or even suggestions are welcome too...
    Thanks

I lol'd at the irony here
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:50% on Lumia 900 right now: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Nokia-Lumia-900-3G-WIFI-GPS-8MP-Camera-16GB-Storage-Unlocked-Windows-mobile-phone/911778_1159807128.html?spm=5261.7181309.1996992201.47&promotionId=251433006

60% on Lumia 920: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-arrival-Original-unlocked-Refurbished-Nokia-Lumia-925-Cellphone-Win-8-4G-LTE-Camera-8MP-ROM/901395_1459928553.html?spm=5261.7181309.1996992229.38&promotionId=251224059

And many other phones and gizmos actually: http://activities.aliexpress.com/shopping-fastival-electronics.php?spm=5261.7167969.1996921045.1

There were phones at a 90% last night - they all flew in no time, sold out in 2 seconds, faster than my internet connection could deal with.

The 900 is very old, not worth buying. The 520 is a better option. Windows Phone 7.x is very much dead. Can be compared with Android 2.x
  4. Sticking with Nexus 5. Have ordered a new vinyl skin for it. Bright yellow!

I don't fancy the new HTC One but a used old One could be a tempting purchase.
  5. Now considering swapping Nexus 5 for a HTC One (M7). No idea why. Metal maybe?

6. Haha, another swap lol
    I'm wondering now what you do with all your apps, messages, personal data, app preferences and all that. Reinstall it all when swapping to a new phone or what? That's what I hate the most about updating computers, phones or whatever
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Haha, another swap lol
    I'm wondering now what you do with all your apps, messages, personal data, app preferences and all that. Reinstall it all when swapping to a new phone or what? That's what I hate the most about updating computers, phones or whatever

Android will reinstall apps automatically. I only tend to have a dozen or so. Text messages can be backed up but I delete them every other day anyway so no loss there.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

Android will reinstall apps automatically. I only tend to have a dozen or so. Text messages can be backed up but I delete them every other day anyway so no loss there.

Yeah, I know most apps get reinstalled when you sync the google account, but... Photos, app preferences and data? I hate having to re-enter all the usernames and passwords, horrendous task
  9. Remember those terrible earphones that Apple used to ship with their devices? Well they put me off even opening the 'EarPods' that now ship with the iPhone and iPod Touch. However, my usual earphones broke last night and with my Sennheiser headphones plugged in around the back of my PC and inaccessible, I've decided to break the seal. What a massive improvement over those old earphones. Probably won't survive an upgrade, they still leak sound which doesn't sit well with me. I like my music loud and I also respect others sitting around me in quiet environments. But for now, they'll do. Just posting to express my surprise.
  10. How do they look like? I remember Gerard saying he used to think Apple earphones were ultimate and then trying some REAL earphones and realizing the difference
  11. Google 'Apple EarPods' to see what they look like. As I said above, they probably won't survive an upgrade, I prefer in-ear earphones that don't leak sound and do a better job of blocking incoming sound, but until I get some, these are more than fine. I only really posted to say how much of an improvement they are over the last design, I'm pleasantly surprised. And they're comfortable, much unlike the old style. I might go back to the Sennheiser CX-range, the only problem wih those is that the past two pairs I've had though didn't last as long as I'd expect.