1. I'm in the market for a new tablet, but I don't have the funds for something like an iPad. I want something that can run Android apps; Do you think the new Fire tablet (the $50 7 inch one) could run Android apps? Amazon seems unclear about this.

Thank you for any input
  2. Originally posted by PopmuzikMofo:I'm in the market for a new tablet, but I don't have the funds for something like an iPad. I want something that can run Android apps; Do you think the new Fire tablet (the $50 7 inch one) could run Android apps? Amazon seems unclear about this.

Thank you for any input
    The Samsung tablet should be a good way to go
  3. I think I'm gonna get a Raspberry Pi. Gonna try to learn some programming and it seems like a lot of fun to play with.
  4. Technology? I think this u2 tour, like Bono says, is the tour of smartphone, of live concerts streaming, of tablet of multimedia for family with children.
    I saw in Turin too many guys and dolls using smartphone for pics, video, chat and so on.
    My question to all of you is: but a concert is not a form of art where you parecipate just for watch and expecially listen to the music?
    Why someone loose playing songs and make other stupid things.
    I paid 200 Euros for each ticket in Turin, but 5 minutes pics and 5 minutes video that's all.
    I think that music is now "snack music", i always listen to the music from a vinyl player or cd player and not through you tube, deezer, spotify, smartphones or i pod.
    That's because i have technology but i use technology in the right way,
    It seems to me that to many persons are slaves of technology and multimedia.
    Technology and multimedia are my slaves for informations and jobs, not for the arts. Would you like a Picasso on the smartphone, a book as e book and not on paper, a film on a tablet and not at the cinema or in television?
    Sorry i'm an old man , but sometimes old habits are better then modern. Bye to everybody. ps and sorry again for my BAD english, but i'm sure you will understand.
  5. Originally posted by musicandbuzz:Technology? I think this u2 tour, like Bono says, is the tour of smartphone, of live concerts streaming, of tablet of multimedia for family with children.
    I saw in Turin too many guys and dolls using smartphone for pics, video, chat and so on.
    My question to all of you is: but a concert is not a form of art where you parecipate just for watch and expecially listen to the music?
    Why someone loose playing songs and make other stupid things.
    I paid 200 Euros for each ticket in Turin, but 5 minutes pics and 5 minutes video that's all.
    I think that music is now "snack music", i always listen to the music from a vinyl player or cd player and not through you tube, deezer, spotify, smartphones or i pod.
    That's because i have technology but i use technology in the right way,
    It seems to me that to many persons are slaves of technology and multimedia.
    Technology and multimedia are my slaves for informations and jobs, not for the arts. Would you like a Picasso on the smartphone, a book as e book and not on paper, a film on a tablet and not at the cinema or in television?
    Sorry i'm an old man , but sometimes old habits are better then modern. Bye to everybody. ps and sorry again for my BAD english, but i'm sure you will understand.
    Cell phones overuse on live shows
  6. short question, as I have no clue of these modern things:

is a tablet pc the same as a normal pc or laptop? in means of, can I save things on an internal harddrive, go online and such?
    where are the good old days when a telephone still had a dial plate to turn to make a call
  7. Originally posted by MacStripey:short question, as I have no clue of these modern things:

is a tablet pc the same as a normal pc or laptop? in means of, can I save things on an internal harddrive, go online and such?
    where are the good old days when a telephone still had a dial plate to turn to make a call
    don't have one, but I think it's something between smartphone and laptop
  8. OMG - Really hope this happens!!! (sorry if this is the wrong topic but I didn't want to open a new one.. it's technology I guess...)

Concorde fans hope to get jet airborne by 2019

Enough funds have been raised to buy a Concorde with the aim of getting it flying again by 2019, a group of British enthusiasts says.

Club Concorde, made up of former captains, charterers and aviation fans, says it has £120m in reserve for the "return to flight" plan.

The group also plans to put another of the supersonic aircraft on permanent display in central London.

Concorde, which can travel at twice the speed of sound, last flew in 2003.

Negotiations are now under way to purchase a Concorde currently on display at Le Bourget airport in Paris.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34301689

9. Originally posted by MacStripey:short question, as I have no clue of these modern things:

To answer your question, yes. They're like even-smaller laptops, as if a laptop and a smartphone had a baby.

There are tablets that can even work on Windows (like your standard PC) and on Android (like your smartphone), with all the pros and cons of each operating system. I had always hated tablets but that new dual OS has caught me and now I own a dual tablet
  10. Just read this myself. Would love to see it flying again. There's one on display at Manchester Airport and it's a shame to see it just sitting there.
  11. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    Just read this myself. Would love to see it flying again. There's one on display at Manchester Airport and it's a shame to see it just sitting there.
    I saw one as well in New York, it's an amazing aircraft.
  12. YEAH Aidan will be happy.

Why did it actualyl stop flying? Because of the tragic accident or because its low profit?