1. Thaks Gerard...guess I have to check it out.
  2. You're pretty much limited to Google Docs. Works nicely for writing text, spreadsheets are a bit underdeveloped. If you use Excel to make diagrams and stuff, you'll probably find it lacking.

I have had my a Chromebook for two years. I like it a lot. Great to surf with and such, but I wouldn't want it to be my only computer.

I'm probably gonna flip the dev switch and install Crouton, which lets you run both Chrome OS and Linux simultaneously. I feel like I need it since I've been getting into programming a bit.
  3. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:[..]
    You're pretty much limited to Google Docs. Works nicely for writing text, spreadsheets are a bit underdeveloped. If you use Excel to make diagrams and stuff, you'll probably find it lacking.

I have had my a Chromebook for two years. I like it a lot. Great to surf with and such, but I wouldn't want it to be my only computer.

I'm probably gonna flip the dev switch and install Crouton, which lets you run both Chrome OS and Linux simultaneously. I feel like I need it since I've been getting into programming a bit.
    You might be interested in Ubuntu, it's a great distribution of Linux that runs efficiently, I have used it to root androids, replace os on tablets, write powershell (which I am terrible at), etc.
  4. If I can get a buyer for my Acer C720 for £100 then the Toshiba Chromebook 2 will have cost me less than £100 to upgrade. Not bad.

I'll never go back to Windows. I've never needs MS Office in day to life so I am not missing out on anything really.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:If I can get a buyer for my Acer C720 for £100 then the Toshiba Chromebook 2 will have cost me less than £100 to upgrade. Not bad.

I'll never go back to Windows. I've never needs MS Office in day to life so I am not missing out on anything really.

Yeah. Once you stop using Windows, you don't look back. Pretty much everything and anything is on other platforms.

Speaking of other platforms - has anyone had a good experience with the new OS X?
  6. thinking about buying a new digital camera, as my canon powershot proves to be too big for the casual occasion and my old digi cam is hardly worth taking along anymore am interested in a sony or panasonic one... any recs? (up to 350€)
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Yeah. Once you stop using Windows, you don't look back. Pretty much everything and anything is on other platforms.

Speaking of other platforms - has anyone had a good experience with the new OS X?
    No problems so far for me.

Definitely agree on Windows.
  8. Toshiba Chromebook 2 is a pretty thing. Lovely screen and a much better keyboard than that of the Acer. Also better speakers. A worthy upgrade and about as good as it gets apart from the Pixel.
  9. Originally posted by flowerchild:thinking about buying a new digital camera, as my canon powershot proves to be too big for the casual occasion and my old digi cam is hardly worth taking along anymore am interested in a sony or panasonic one... any recs? (up to 350€)
    colleague suggested I get a panasonic dmc lf1 lumix. ordered it to take a look at it first..
  10. Nexus 6P finally dispatched. Should be here tomorrow / Thursday.
  11. Tell me how it is! I love Androids, hope it was worth it!
  12. How much is it? Considering jacking in this iPhone experiment.