1. $499, £449, €649

Yeah, my iPhone experiment with the 6 Plus lasted about a month. Drove me up the wall.
  2. I like the 6 plus. Just do not like some aspects of iOS. I'm thinking a Nexus 6P or a Oneplus 2. I prefer the forward facing fingerprint scanner on the Oneplus 2.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I like the 6 plus. Just do not like some aspects of iOS. I'm thinking a Nexus 6P or a Oneplus 2. I prefer the forward facing fingerprint scanner on the Oneplus 2.
    Yes, the hardware is nice, but iOS feels like prison, and I couldn't adapt to its idiosyncrasies. I had an iPhone 4 and 5 for a total of two years, but going back was not fun.

Remember the OPT has no NFC if that matters to you.
  4. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]
    Yes, the hardware is nice, but iOS feels like prison, and I couldn't adapt to its idiosyncrasies. I had an iPhone 4 and 5 for a total of two years, but going back was not fun.

Remember the OPT has no NFC if that matters to you.
    I had myself well prepared for iOS and its idiosyncrasies. I had already did the whole custom ROM thing with android and customized it to high heaven but fancied a move away form it.

It's notifications that I can't stand. Those fucking badge icons which never clear! And apps aren't much better than what I use on Android. Sure there are some exclusive games but a month with an iPhone and I haven't installed a single killer game and only have 2 screens of regular apps.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I like the 6 plus. Just do not like some aspects of iOS. I'm thinking a Nexus 6P or a Oneplus 2. I prefer the forward facing fingerprint scanner on the Oneplus 2.
    So I got it today, and while your mileage may vary, I've found the rear placement of the fingerprint reader to be much nicer in use than front-mounted ones. I used both the iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy S6 Edge+ and this feels much more natural. My index finger rests on the reader with a normal grip and the phone unlocks without pressing a single button.

Oh and the phone's lovely in pretty much every other way as well.
  6. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]
    So I got it today, and while your mileage may vary, I've found the rear placement of the fingerprint reader to be much nicer in use than front-mounted ones. I used both the iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy S6 Edge+ and this feels much more natural. My index finger rests on the reader with a normal grip and the phone unlocks without pressing a single button.

Oh and the phone's lovely in pretty much every other way as well.
    Ahh but what about when the phone is on your desk? I like just placing a finger on the finger print scanner and not having to lift the phone.

Still weighing up my options between the 6P and Oneplus 2. The OnePlus is significantly cheaper and in stock. It could be a month before I could get a 6P.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Ahh but what about when the phone is on your desk? I like just placing a finger on the finger print scanner and not having to lift the phone.

Still weighing up my options between the 6P and Oneplus 2. The OnePlus is significantly cheaper and in stock. It could be a month before I could get a 6P.
    That is the one drawback of the rear placement, but honestly, I've already adapted. The in-hand experience of using the fingerprint reader is nice enough for me to not really care about picking the phone up off the desk.

I'm obviously bias since I was faced with the same dilemma, and went with the 6P, so take my opinion as you will. I'd say the screen and the software are the two things that set the 6P apart from the OPT for me. Samsung AMOLED and pure Android beat LCD and OnePlus's history of slow, buggy updates for me. That, and OnePlus just really hacked me off with that invite system. I know it's not an issue anymore, but fuuuck that invite system. I was really interested in the OnePlus Two... In August, and likely would have bought one if it was actually available.
  8. I'm not a fan of AMOLED nowadays. Every single device I used developed burn in at various stages. Most recently it was a Moto X on which the nav buttons and status bar burned in after barely a month. One or two reviews of the 6P have already suggested similar issues. I'm less picky with screens these days and only really care that the viewing angles are decent.

I can forgive Oneplus all their stupid marketing and invite system. They have limited resources to play with and had to gather headlines one way or another and invites seem easy enough to come by.

I have a friend who's happy to take the iPhone but he's away with work for another week so I'll sit on it for now but the Oneplus 2 is definitely the front runner. I won't touch anything that strays too far from pure android so choices are limited.
  9. Burn in is pretty much a given with an AMOLED Nexus because of the nav bar, I'll grant you that. I got it on the 6 and I'm fully expecting it this time around as well.

Well, all I'll say is if you get the chance, try and hold each one in your hand before you make a decision.
  10. It will be impossible to get hands on with either I fear. I'm happy with the size though coming from a 6 plus and both should be easier to hold given the designs. I think the OnePlus is going to come up trumps.

I wonder if I can get a stock Marshmallow factory image into it? Research time.
  11. Don't think there's any available yet, but keep an eye on XDA. It won't take them long.
  12. Any Ubuntu users out there? Have been flirting with dual boting my chrome devices with Ubuntu. Any decent beginners guides?