1. Less than £200 from Amazon.com. It is about that same price in the UK but that's for a lower powered Celeron model. The i3 is a lot beefier. I'll upgrade it from 4 to 8gm RAM. The Amazon.com version also comes with a keyboard and mouse.
  2. Ordered one of these on Ebay:

All the way from Japan. Will be interesting to see when it turns up. I aim to use it to play some old games on my Raspberry Pi. It's recommended by a lot of people.
  3. 10 is GREAT.

I even played Gears of War PC on it (7 was a no go).

It is faster than any and all previous Windows versions. The "nightmare" article is fud because that can be disabled. If you have an nVidia card though you may have issues. nVidia are just not ready for Windows 10 and DirectX 12 yet. AMD on the other hand were ready.

Also do a CLEAN install after the upgrade is locked to your account.
  4. New laptop. Toshiba Chromebook 2. A nice upgrade from my Acer C720. It has a 1080p IPS display and is just a much nicer design. Now to sell the Acer.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:New laptop. Toshiba Chromebook 2. A nice upgrade from my Acer C720. It has a 1080p IPS display and is just a much nicer design. Now to sell the Acer.
    How is Chrome OS?
  6. Brilliant. I've never looked back. I have my desktop on order and now my lovely new Chromebook on the way.

I challenge everyone to try it.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Brilliant. I've never looked back. I have my desktop on order and now my lovely new Chromebook on the way.

Gerard...don't know if you use powerpoint or word a lot...but is the ChromeOS any good with those files? The Google Docs apps are not entirely compatible with new features of word/powerpoint, I've been experiencing hiccups and issues with sharing docs online with Drive. Was wondering how's the experience on ChromeOS.
  8. Originally posted by Ali709:[..]
    Gerard...don't know if you use powerpoint or word a lot...but is the ChromeOS any good with those files? The Google Docs apps are not entirely compatible with new features of word/powerpoint, I've been experiencing hiccups and issues with sharing docs online with Drive. Was wondering how's the experience on ChromeOS.
    If I'm truthful I don't really have a clue as I have no real need for ever. I use google sheets for the odd spreadsheets and find it close to what I know from Wondows. There is also the online versions of Microsoft word also.

But the Wondows cknnection seems to be the sticking point for most people but for the casual user it definitely ticks all the boxes.
  9. i have an advertising agency and i use only Mac/Apple devices since 1992.
    They are perfect for me and for everything i need. Bye to everybody.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Brilliant. I've never looked back. I have my desktop on order and now my lovely new Chromebook on the way.

I tried a build of Chromium OS which is the open source version, it's more of a preview but I like the layout and its integration into Chrome. I'd love to ditch my Windows 10/Ubuntu 14.4 combo, it's rather high maintenance.
  11. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    I tried a build of Chromium OS which is the open source version, it's more of a preview but I like the layout and its integration into Chrome. I'd love to ditch my Windows 10/Ubuntu 14.4 combo, it's rather high maintenance.
    There is zero maintenance with chrome. Updates every 6 weeks. No virus concerns. 4 second boot time and all day battery on laptops. I am looking forward to getting the Chrome box with a nice monitor or 2.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    There is zero maintenance with chrome. Updates every 6 weeks. No virus concerns. 4 second boot time and all day battery on laptops. I am looking forward to getting the Chrome box with a nice monitor or 2.
    Hmm sounds worth looking in to