1. Originally posted by germcevoy:iPhone experiment over. I lasted longer than I thought but it was obvious early on that it wasn't going to last. iOS 9 is buggy and it doesn't really multi-task. I've sold it onto a mate while it's still in good condition and I've ordered an LG G4. I haven't used a non stock Android device since the HTC Hero so I'm a little wary but I should get it how I like it with launchers or custom ROMS if needs be.
    Why didn't you order a Nexus 6p?
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:iPhone experiment over. I lasted longer than I thought but it was obvious early on that it wasn't going to last. iOS 9 is buggy and it doesn't really multi-task. I've sold it onto a mate while it's still in good condition and I've ordered an LG G4. I haven't used a non stock Android device since the HTC Hero so I'm a little wary but I should get it how I like it with launchers or custom ROMS if needs be.
    The technology thread wasn't the same without you swapping phones every few weeks. Thank God it's back to normal now.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    The technology thread wasn't the same without you swapping phones every few weeks. Thank God it's back to normal now.
  4. Hard to find one in stock mainly and it costs £200 more than I have paid for this G4. And all metal phones are ridiculously hard to hold without a case.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    At your service.
  6. First potential deal breaker with the G4 has been solved. The default DPI setting meant everything looked too large on the screen despite the size and resolution. I was seeing way less on the screen than I could on the iPhone.

A quick command through an adb terminal was all that was needed to adjust. Phew.
  7. looking for a laptop/notebook I mainly wanna go online with and write, maybe watch a dvd, too. it shouldn't be too chunky either. looking at the offers at my local store, they're mostly selling acers, but I'm not a huge fan of those. anyone got any tips?
  8. One month ago I went over the same thing: looking for a new laptop, doing my research. I still have a Dell laptop which is more than 8 years old and runs great. It only needs a good cooling pad.
    This time I looked for the specifications more than the brand. I got a HP, new, 1 TB hard drive, 8 GB RAM for only $300 (others with less capacity were almost double that).
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:iPhone experiment over. I lasted longer than I thought but it was obvious early on that it wasn't going to last. iOS 9 is buggy and it doesn't really multi-task. I've sold it onto a mate while it's still in good condition and I've ordered an LG G4. I haven't used a non stock Android device since the HTC Hero so I'm a little wary but I should get it how I like it with launchers or custom ROMS if needs be.

What happened to the OnePlus Two plan?
  10. Originally posted by flowerchild:looking for a laptop/notebook I mainly wanna go online with and write, maybe watch a dvd, too. it shouldn't be too chunky either. looking at the offers at my local store, they're mostly selling acers, but I'm not a huge fan of those. anyone got any tips?
    To expand more on my reply, I read from a guy working at IT that if you take proper care of your laptop, brand doesn't make much difference and you have to look for specifications.
    I've had very good experiences with Dell and terrible experiences with Toshiba, if that helps.
  11. I'd agreed to sell the iPhone to a friend and couldn't get a Oneplus 2 invite in time. The first 24 hours with the G4 have been grand though. Have managed to get it looking like a Nexus without the need for a custom ROM.