1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:One month ago I went over the same thing: looking for a new laptop, doing my research. I still have a Dell laptop which is more than 8 years old and runs great. It only needs a good cooling pad.
    This time I looked for the specifications more than the brand. I got a HP, new, 1 TB hard drive, 8 GB RAM for only $300 (others with less capacity were almost double that).
    I haven't had a laptop in YEARS. my last one melted at the back, because it got so hot (I'm not kiddin'). I used to game a lot back then, so I switched to a tower, because obviously, your regular laptop isn't built for gaming (didn't have the money for something like alienware back then). now I'd like to carry a laptop around on the train, because I'm commuting a lot... or use it in bed on my days off
  2. I found out that using a $30 cooling pad really improves your laptop performance and lasts more.
    Most of the laptops break because of heating problems (or battery problems).
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I'd agreed to sell the iPhone to a friend and couldn't get a Oneplus 2 invite in time. The first 24 hours with the G4 have been grand though. Have managed to get it looking like a Nexus without the need for a custom ROM.

You should've said. I've been rolling in OnePlus Two invites for a little while now. Glad the G4 is working out for you nonetheless. One of the few high end phones of this year that I've not owned.
  4. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]

You should've said. I've been rolling in OnePlus Two invites for a little while now. Glad the G4 is working out for you nonetheless. One of the few high end phones of this year that I've not owned.
    The Oneplus 2 will be the replacement should the G4 go bad.
  5. Originally posted by flowerchild:looking for a laptop/notebook I mainly wanna go online with and write, maybe watch a dvd, too. it shouldn't be too chunky either. looking at the offers at my local store, they're mostly selling acers, but I'm not a huge fan of those. anyone got any tips?
    Lenovo

6. it was a toss up between a lenovo and an asus netbook after all. picked an asus eeebook for 230€, should be here by wednesday, I hope. sadly, I couldn't find a white version anywhere anymore, so I had to go with the blue one.
  7. It will do you good I'm more of an HP fan but Asus and Lenovo are the best among the cheaper options. Asus has a good customer service too so any problem should be solved easily. Let us know how it goes Jana!
  8. Anybody got a reason as to why a new (and bought at a reputable place) 32gb SD card is only reading as 14mb?

No matter how I format it.
  9. Ahh it came back to life. I formatted using some windows program.

10. What do I do with these?