1. Yeah, for a reason most automated installations since Windows 95 require you to close "all other running programs"... As if a music player would interfere with a photo editor or a torrent program for any reason. Stupid stupid stupid.
  2. Thinking the G4 could be in its way out. Battery life not great, a few build issues and still just a bit too much software clutter.

I'd be loathed to lose the camera but even it is under used. I'm looking at a 32gb Nexus 5x. I'd be losing a bit of RAM but Im hardly a power user these days so 2gb should be sufficient.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:Thinking the G4 could be in its way out. Battery life not great, a few build issues and still just a bit too much software clutter.

I'd be loathed to lose the camera but even it is under used. I'm looking at a 32gb Nexus 5x. I'd be losing a bit of RAM but Im hardly a power user these days so 2gb should be sufficient.
    I've heard that the 5X does have some performance issues due to the 2GB of RAM, but really that's more a software issue. The phone should know when its time to kill background apps. Hopefully they'll get that fixed.

Don't worry about losing the camera. That's the 5X's saving grace. So far as I'm concerned the 6P/5X have the best camera on a smartphone.
  4. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]
    I've heard that the 5X does have some performance issues due to the 2GB of RAM, but really that's more a software issue. The phone should know when its time to kill background apps. Hopefully they'll get that fixed.

Don't worry about losing the camera. That's the 5X's saving grace. So far as I'm concerned the 6P/5X have the best camera on a smartphone.
    I don't do heavy mult-tasking so think I should be ok. I'm also getting it for a fair price. Should even make a slight profit from the sale of the G4.
  5. Nexus > Anything else
  6. Purchased. Now setting up. Stock android is the best.
  7. I have been using an iPhone 5S for a month now, I had an Android for 4 years. I think the iphone is way better (for me).
  8. We all have our preference I suppose. I was iOS for two years(2010-2012); liked it at the time, but trying to switch back to it last year drove me halfway to insanity.
  9. Phone is plenty snappy. There is a screen blemish though. A bit of a shadow at the top. Only noticeable at times. It was a gumtree purchase (sealed in box for only £200 for 32gb) so I'm not complaining. I might try a manufacturers warranty claim in a month or 2.
  10. Looking to buy a tablet for the missus. Size around 10", will be used only for web surfing, social media, watching Netflix, Hulu. I may use it too to write my lecture notes on it, but that's not a deal-breaker.
    Any thoughts or recommendations? Windows Surface, Ipad Air 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab?
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Looking to buy a tablet for the missus. Size around 10", will be used only for web surfing, social media, watching Netflix, Hulu. I may use it too to write my lecture notes on it, but that's not a deal-breaker.
    Any thoughts or recommendations? Windows Surface, Ipad Air 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab?
    I personally favor Android, so I'd say Samsung Galaxy. Apple products are much more restricted but probably would work fine for the purpose