1. i thought of making a CD/playlist of live versions of songs that are very different from the studio version of them. here is what i have so far

Sunday Bloody Sunday (Popmart Mexico) - great acoustic
    Miami (Popmart Tel Aviv) - more rocking
    Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car (ZooTV Syndey) - funkier
    Kite (Vertigo Melbourne (or Syndey, whichever is on the WITS single) - much longer
    If God Will Send His Angels (Popmart Las Vegas) - very different throughout
    11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Elevation Irving Plaza) - slower
    New York (Elevation Boston) - more rocking
    Original of the Species (Vertigo Chicago) - just piano
    Bullet the Blue Sky (Popmart Mexico) - funkier
    Exit (Rattle and Hum DVD) - this song is incomplete without the Gloria snippet
    A Sort of Homecoming (Wide Awake in America) - just so much better live, more energy
    New Year's Day (Popmart Mexico) - sounds more modern, best version of this song ever
    40 (???) - not sure which version, a good long performance thou

thats what i got so far, feel free to contribute.
  2. I Will Follow - PopMart & ZooTV

Please - Elevation
  3. Bad maybe? A long version of it...maybe Live Aid, tho that one's got too much music without singing in it...but it's still nice...
    And I suppose you could take all the live acoustic versions as "different" versions...Staring At The Sun, Desire and All I Want Is You from popmart mexico, then maybe even Yahweh from chicago.
  4. stuck in a moment sao paulo 20.2.06, acustic version.
    by the way, ive never heard the live version of "if god will send his angles" can you post a link to the show
  5. Originally posted by Ali709Bad maybe? A long version of it...maybe Live Aid, tho that one's got too much music without singing in it...but it's still nice...

What about Bad from Popmart... Santiago 1998-02-11 thats very different from studio version as well as all other tours, especially Edge's guitar sound...

HMTMKMKM Popmart
  6. Originally posted by walkonstuck in a moment sao paulo 20.2.06, acustic version.
    by the way, ive never heard the live version of "if god will send his angles" can you post a link to the show

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/If_God_Will_Send_His_Angels-s101.html

I've heard the San Diego version, which was pretty messed up as it's early popmart.
  7. I honestly think that most live versions are superior the studio versions. The studio versions are almost just the blue print for the song and when it goes on the road the song really comes into fruition, we've seen this pretty much on every tour especially Zoo TV, Popmart, Elevation, and really on Vertigo. Specific ones that come to mind are Last Night On Earth from Mexico City and Gone from Boston. Until the End of the World always kicks ass live, but the latter performances from the 3rd leg of Verigo on just fucking rocked harder than ever.
  8. I'd say Bad...that's all
  9. Originally posted by U2starter[..]

What about Bad from Popmart... Santiago 1998-02-11 thats very different from studio version as well as all other tours, especially Edge's guitar sound...

HMTMKMKM Popmart

Would you be able to post that version of Bad for me since I would very much like to hear it. Thanks if you can.
  10. Originally posted by U2starter[..]

HMTMKMKM Popmart

i've never really liked this song. however, i just listened to this version on youtube and its great. here the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=8PAbhei1g6A
  11. Originally posted by derrickrossignol[..]

i've never really liked this song. however, i just listened to this version on youtube and its great. here the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=8PAbhei1g6A

You mean you never liked Bad?!! Ow my God!!! It's my all time favorite U2 song!!!