1. I only had it on in the background as I was doing some work but United looked like they got lucky to come out only 2-3.

No doubt Fergie is still throwing tea cups in the changing room and I think we'll se a big difference in performance in the return leg.
  2. United had plenty of chances and could've scored 3-4 goals. But I don't think any of Bilbao's goals were defended well. The first was a mistake by Jones for allowing Llorente to run past into the hole. The second was offside, but De Gea could've still done better. The third was simply horrific defending by Rafael.

They need to step it up big time next week.
  3. Atletico de Madrid has defeated Besiktas 3:1. Third goal by Adrian was amazing And the Besiktas goal was scored by Simao, who didn't celebrate it. Nice gesture :-)
  4. Sergio, do you support/follow a team? I seem to recall you not liking Real and you also not being keen on "fans".
  5. Yep. I don't "heartfully support" any team, because they do nothing for me. I support -if you want to call it like that- the teams I enjoy seeing playing (that includes Barça and excludes Milan AC, for example) and the teams whose philosophy and behaviour I like (that includes Atletico de Madrid and excludes Real Madrid, e.g.).

And yeah, I dislike when people say "We have won 4:2" talking about the team they support... I mean, "WE"? Really? Did you play? Or do you manage the team? No, you just watched the match from your TV, how can you saw "we have done this" or "we don't like that"?? That's what I dislike. There's nothing wrong with liking and supporting a team, but please don't act as if you were part of it! They're just 11 players kicking a ball. They're not even like your favorite band, who can write and play songs that you emotionally attach to some events or feelings... They're just 11 guys kicking a white ball.
  6. I promised myself to answer your criticisms Sergio, completely slipped my mind. On my phone now so can't respond really. I agree in part, I'm sure Ronnie will agree, 'Ultras' are bad for football. We, or Man Utd, had bad experience with Roma Ultras in 2007. Fanatic hooliganism has died down somewhat in the UK but there ate still die hard fans who want a piece of the opposition.

Spending £40 a game to sing, cheer and lament with 70,000 other people on a weekly basis is something that does bring you close to the club. It's natural to refer to the club as "we" because they are the only club that you have an interest in and are willing to invest in. Buying shirts with your footballing hero, attending games, friendly rivalries amongst friends, following your club around the country and even Europe is worthy of emotional attachment. A game of football has many emotions when the club you support is involved. Watching the entertainers provide breathtaking moments that will live long in the memory is what it's all about. Watching old footage on YouTube or TV has the power to brig back feelings and give goosebumps.
  7. It depends on what you call Ultra's. If you mean ''fans'' who go to a match or just a stadium to fight than I completely agree.

But if you mean people who go to every home and away match I dont agree.
  8. Originally posted by bartajax:It depends on what you call Ultra's. If you mean ''fans'' who go to a match or just a stadium to fight than I completely agree.

But if you mean people who go to every home and away match I dont agree.

No, I mean fans who specifically go to games to intimidate the opposition and their fans both inside and outside of the ground. Granted, they are a different breed to us fans, but they exist.

"Ultras are a type of sports fans renowned for their fanatical and elaborate displays of "support". They are predominantly European and followers of football teams. The behavioral tendency of ultras groups includes the use of flares (primarily in tifo choreography), chanting/singing in large groups and the displaying of banners at football stadiums, all of which are designed to create an atmosphere which they believe encourages their own team and intimidates opposing players and supporters."
  9. News for those Pogba fans out there - he's just come on for Paul Scholes with 20 minutes left.

And every touch is being cheered by the United fans...
  10. in the latest discussion i find myself completely agreed with Tim and completely disagreed with Sergio .. i and Tim are much similar living football than Sergio is
    we like it of course but plus we have a deep a strong passion for a team ( i dare to include Bart too for example) .. this lead us to feel involved, be part of the team and so get emotions from it.
    i don't think that the parallel between football team and band are that wrong.
    Sergio, you say they are just 11 guys just playing, right then you can say as well that a band are just 4/5 guys playing .. even the verb (in english at least) is the same hehe (similar words my dad was used to say years and years ago seeing me so passionate for U2)
    i think that when someone doesn't feel similar emotions for something as another one, he little hardly understand some behaviour of the other for it

there's a little/big difference between ultra and fans
    often in what ultras do there's a connotation that stand outside football itself .. my opinion .. i'm not a sociologist or a psychologist
  11. and by the way ... we finally won!!!!!

right in time for tomorrow match ...
  12. completely +1 to what you said, Ronnie.