1. It's been a year since our last big update, but here we are again. U2start 2.9 is online, and better than ever. It may look the same as the previous site, but there are a lot of new features and improvements all over the site just to get us all ready for the upcoming new album and tour.

Bootleg reviews and photo uploads
    A list of all changes is off course noted in our changelog, most notable change is a rewritten bootleg section which includes now the option to write your own bootleg reviews. Already more than 140 bootleg reviews are written by our users! Also a great improvement is our new photo uploader, you can now easily upload up to 25 high resolution photos at once from your computer to U2start, perfect for your concert photos.

Other new things are RSS feeds, a fan of the month (with an interview), a bootleg of the month, your personal favorite photos, U2start buddies and a lot more. The page that disappeared from U2start is the 'more audio' section, the phone calls are now available in a special forum topic and the soundchecks are added to the bootlegs pages. If you're looking for a specific soundcheck you can look for the show it's related to, you will find it there.

Forum changes
    There are also some changes in the forums, like some names that are changed there is also a new theme forum for the new album and a new forum named "Digital corner" for all your computer related stuff (remastering bootlegs, resizing images, converting DVD's to audio and such). You can view the new forum list on the forums page.

Crew changes
    There are also some changes in the crew, germcevoy is now the U2start Site Manager while LikeASong changes his Site Manager status to a general crew member status. MirrorballBoy has left the crew, thanks for your efforts! User djrlewis has joined our crew, welcome and good luck!

That's it folks..
    Take your time to explore all changes and new things, we hope you enjoy it and that it is a welcome addition to your online U2 adventures. If you have any questions, additions or other things you'd like to share with us, our Stuck In A Moment forum will be the place to be.

All the best,

The U2start.com crew
  2. Remy, you legend. I'm excited with the RSS feeds and Bootleg Reviews.

Plus a congrats to Dan being on the crew and the rest, plus the Digital Corner. I know where I'll be. And second post too!
  3. Congrats Remy

i really like this new U2Start , from now on i will never leave here
  4. It's very nice-looking! Remy, this link below to "Forums Page" doesn't work - I'm getting a 404 error. We know where it is but for others who are new to the site..

Originally posted by RemyYou can view the new forum list on the forums page.
  5. I knew it...haha. Bloody brilliant!
  6. great it's online!
  7. up and running. Enjoy it
  8. Originally posted by drewhiggins:It's very nice-looking! Remy, this link below to "Forums Page" doesn't work - I'm getting a 404 error. We know where it is but for others who are new to the site..

[..]

Fixed, thanks! Also have some Internet Explorer issues, will be fixed in a few moments.
  9. Brilliant...just brilliant...
    Great stuff Remy!

And Dan: Good luck as crew member, you deserved it!
  10. Love the History Mix too, ncie addition. Remy, you've done the unpossible thing: making this site even better!
  11. Looks great! Just got the Newsletter email. I haven't been around much, but promise to post more. Many might not know me.

I have been busy with life, house, kids and now I'm back at school finishing up my college degree.

I'll work on trying to come in here and hang for a while with you folks...

Much peace!
    Izzy
  12. Well done young Sir,always enjoy my time here......

And a big shout out to Dan,crew member now,eh ? Nicely played fella.......

Always wanted the "Preview Message" & copy & paste facility for pics,'cos I never understood the way you could do it (It's an age thing you know )

Just a thought,would it be possible to add "Preview Message" for Private Messages too ?