1. Another vote for the Welshman here
  2. They get a big sound out of just bass, drums, and guitar. I gotta go with Edge.
  3. another reason for Edge, he wrote the string part for Hands that Built America
  4. I think you're all forgetting who actually wrote the songs you all love so passionately...

If anything, that unarguably proves Bono's superior musical talent.

Congratulations The Edge on writing Gone! -
  5. Originally posted by carlibengarli:I think you're all forgetting who actually wrote the songs you all love so passionately...

Yes, he wrote the songs, but could he actually perform any of the instruments other than "vocals"? I think not...
  6. Originally posted by carlibengarli:I think you're all forgetting who actually wrote the songs you all love so passionately...

i dont think any U2 song can go down to simply Bono writing the songs. It's without doubt, an obvious collaborative process, I mean it has been said that Larry will sometimes suggest guitar parts etc
  7. Originally posted by thefly07:[..]

i dont think any U2 song can go down to simply Bono writing the songs. It's without doubt, an obvious collaborative process, I mean it has been said that Larry will sometimes suggest guitar parts etc

Granted, and I do not doubt the other members' musical talent as well. Nevertheless, it is in fact Bono who actually comes up with the music of the entire band (or at a very least the concept of it), and in my point of view this makes Bono the most talented musician of the four, although he is "a hopeless guitar-player", as he put it himself.

So basically that's what I think, a good arguement to support it, and a special notice that the vote's on who's the most talented musician of the four, and not the only one ^^:
  8. Originally posted by carlibengarli:[..]

Granted, and I do not doubt the other members' musical talent as well. Nevertheless, it is in fact Bono who actually comes up with the music of the entire band (or at a very least the concept of it), and in my point of view this makes Bono the most talented musician of the four, although he is "a hopeless guitar-player", as he put it himself.

So basically that's what I think, a good arguement to support it, and a special notice that the vote's on who's the most talented musician of the four, and not the only one ^^:

I don't think Bono can be given credit for actually coming up with the music for the entire band. Not at all. I don't think Bono says, "Here's a song, write it", sure he throws around ideas, just like the rest of them do, but I don't think that Bono actually brings a song for them to play. It's not Bono's band, they all equally contribute. But like the topic says, I think Edge is the most musically talented, in terms of diversity, expertise, etc
  9. Originally posted by thefly07:[..]

I don't think Bono can be given credit for actually coming up with the music for the entire band. Not at all. I don't think Bono says, "Here's a song, write it", sure he throws around ideas, just like the rest of them do, but I don't think that Bono actually brings a song for them to play. It's not Bono's band, they all equally contribute. But like the topic says, I think Edge is the most musically talented, in terms of diversity, expertise, etc

I completely agree. Bono has said that he hears melodies in his head, and explains them to the band, and then the four of them try to make it happen. Although Edge has come up with quite a few ideas of his own, if I remember right.
  10. Originally posted by easports43:[..]

I completely agree. Bono has said that he hears melodies in his head, and explains them to the band, and then the four of them try to make it happen. Although Edge has come up with quite a few ideas of his own, if I remember right.

yeah, I completely believe they all hear ideas in there head and then in the studio they bounce those ideas off of one another until a coherent idea is formed, they all come to the table with important bits that make up a song
  11. Of course he can be given credit for it, why not? They wouldn't have released a single good song without Bono, while Bono easily could've gone solo and do fine.
  12. Originally posted by carlibengarli:Of course he can be given credit for it, why not? They wouldn't have released a single good song without Bono, while Bono easily could've gone solo and do fine.

I'm not sure about that. Bono's solo work is good, but it isn't the same without the band. He certainly had a huge, enormous influence, but without the ideas of Edge, Larry and maybe even Adam he wouldn't have come this far. A band is more than just the singer.