1. Originally posted by markp91:[..]

I'm not sure about that. Bono's solo work is good, but it isn't the same without the band. He certainly had a huge, enormous influence, but without the ideas of Edge, Larry and maybe even Adam he wouldn't have come this far. A band is more than just the singer.

My point is he could have made, released, and recorded all the songs by himself (I am not referring to his actual solo work for which he has saved all the crap u2 never released). Don't you think every single good musician in the world could play the songs he writes? That's not what's difficult. What's difficult is making good songs, and as far as I know Bono actually makes the songs (then the other members comment and add to them of course). Larry, Adam, and even the Edge are easily replacable as far as the music goes, because anyone can play the guitar, drums, and most especially bass.
  2. Originally posted by carlibengarli:[..]

My point is he could have made, released, and recorded all the songs by himself (I am not referring to his actual solo work for which he has saved all the crap u2 never released). Don't you think every single good musician in the world could play the songs he writes? That's not what's difficult. What's difficult is making good songs, and as far as I know Bono actually makes the songs (then the other members comment and add to them of course). Larry, Adam, and even the Edge are easily replacable as far as the music goes, because anyone can play the guitar, drums, and most especially bass.

Okay, I have to agree with that. Edge certainly isn't the best guitar player, Larry and Adam are good, but also replaceable.
    On the other side I think it only works with this formation. The guys are friends forever and I think that their career wouldn't be this big if one of them didn't become a member back then.
    Bono certainly writes good songs, but without Edge, Larry and Adam he wouldn't have the chance to let us hear that; not even with other band members. These four guys all put their soul into the music, a thing that loads of other artists don't do.
  3. Originally posted by markp91:[..]

I'm not sure about that. Bono's solo work is good, but it isn't the same without the band. He certainly had a huge, enormous influence, but without the ideas of Edge, Larry and maybe even Adam he wouldn't have come this far. A band is more than just the singer.

exactly. Don't think Bono would have survived as a solo artist. Neither of them would. and they acknowledge that. Bono sounds better when playing with the band
  4. Originally posted by carlibengarli:[..]

we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one buddy. Bono does not actually make the songs. none of them are replaceable.
  5. Edge for sure. Also, while reading U2 by U2, I got the impression he was probally the only memeber who would have, been sucessful had they quit in the early days. Adam would probally be a bum. Larry, I can picture as a mechanic. No idea for Bono. If I recall right, Edge was the only one who didn't flunk, drop out, or get expelled.
  6. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01:Edge for sure. Also, while reading U2 by U2, I got the impression he was probally the only memeber who would have, been sucessful had they quit in the early days. Adam would probally be a bum. Larry, I can picture as a mechanic. No idea for Bono. If I recall right, Edge was the only one who didn't flunk, drop out, or get expelled.

yeah, edge was planning on going to medical school if the band didn't work out. I think Adam and Bono would have been the most lost without it. Bono himself has said he would be living in a box if it wasn't for the band
  7. Edge, but Adam and Larry are excellent in their own right... and Bono is amazing in a different way. His voice and his lyrics are top-notch.
  8. Originally posted by digitize:Edge, but Adam and Larry are excellent in their own right... and Bono is amazing in a different way. His voice and his lyrics are top-notch.

nicely put
  9. its pretty obvious that Edge wins , which I completley agree with , but the other votes Adam Last!!!!! C'mon guys Everyone in the band admits that the U2 sound is built around the bass and drums ,Bono is last
  10. Originally posted by bones44044:its pretty obvious that Edge wins , which I completley agree with , but the other votes Adam Last!!!!! C'mon guys Everyone in the band admits that the U2 sound is built around the bass and drums ,Bono is last

Vertigo, NYD, Dirty Day, MW, WOWY, BTBS, Streets. who's the hero on those songs? Mr. Clayton!
  11. I was hoping for all 4 are equally great....