1. It's the only song from Achtung that was never played live (except rehearsals), that adds to the myth...
    If Trying to throw... had not been played, everyone would die to hear that one...

Originally posted by loftarasa:
    As a rather unpopular song I'd vote for GRACE. I imagine it could be a nice goosebumps-song as kinda lead out song of a concert. At least in my dreams that is .

That dream became partly true on the Elevation tour, when it was played over PA after the lights went on... not the best choice.
  2. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

That dream became partly true on the Elevation tour, when it was played over PA after the lights went on... not the best choice.

Very smart choice I thought. That arena has never emptied so quickly.
  3. Originally posted by yeah:It's the only song from Achtung that was never played live (except rehearsals), that adds to the myth...
    If Trying to throw... had not been played, everyone would die to hear that one...
    I don't agree. Acrobat is DAMN great by its own, nothing to do with myths or legends opr so... About four years ago, I hadn't listened to a single bootleg, I didn't know anything about non-played or played songs in each tour, and nevertheless I always thought that Acrobat would be great played live...
  4. With regards to Acrobat, I think whether it would sound good or not live is irrelevent and missing the point. THe fact is that Acrobat has cult status among fans. It is an awesome song.......imagine if the first encore was about to start, the lights were all switched off and all you hear is bono sing "Dont believe what you hear....don't believe what you see....."

Just those two lines sung, without any music, would probably create the loudest roar ever heard at a U2 concert.....FACT
  5. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo:With regards to Acrobat, I think whether it would sound good or not live is irrelevent and missing the point. THe fact is that Acrobat has cult status among fans. It is an awesome song.......imagine if the first encore was about to start, the lights were all switched off and all you hear is bono sing "Dont believe what you hear....don't believe what you see....."

Just those two lines sung, without any music, would probably create the loudest roar ever heard at a U2 concert.....FACT

my oh my
  6. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo:With regards to Acrobat, I think whether it would sound good or not live is irrelevent and missing the point. THe fact is that Acrobat has cult status among fans. It is an awesome song.......imagine if the first encore was about to start, the lights were all switched off and all you hear is bono sing "Dont believe what you hear....don't believe what you see....."

+1
  7. With regards to Acrobat, I think whether it would sound good or not live is irrelevent and missing the point. THe fact is that Acrobat has cult status among fans. It is an awesome song.......imagine if the first encore was about to start, the lights were all switched off and all you hear is bono sing "Dont believe what you hear....don't believe what you see....."

You're right about that, it would cause an enormous roar, but IMO not because it's good, but because everyone seems to be waiting for it. It's a great song, it certainly deserves to be played live, but the enormous attention it gets is not deserved. It isn't better than, for instance, UV and are we so excited about that song? A few people are, but most people not. I think if Acrobat was played live back then we wouldn't be talking about it now. It would have the same status as UV: Good song, that's all...
  8. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo:With regards to Acrobat, I think whether it would sound good or not live is irrelevent and missing the point. THe fact is that Acrobat has cult status among fans. It is an awesome song.......imagine if the first encore was about to start, the lights were all switched off and all you hear is bono sing "Dont believe what you hear....don't believe what you see....."

comprehensible indeed.

...speaking of outros and bashing the lovely GRACE ...does anyone know the title that was played as outro in saitama 12-04 ?
  9. Originally posted by markp91:[..]

You're right about that, it would cause an enormous roar, but IMO not because it's good, but because everyone seems to be waiting for it. It's a great song, it certainly deserves to be played live, but the enormous attention it gets is not deserved. It isn't better than, for instance, UV and are we so excited about that song? A few people are, but most people not. I think if Acrobat was played live back then we wouldn't be talking about it now. It would have the same status as UV: Good song, that's all...

i'd take UV back before an Acrobat debut.

10. hmm...I wouldn't know...both are great songs, maybe UV would rock more, because they have some experience on playing that song live...
  11. Originally posted by markp91:[..]

I'm one of those weirdos