1. Of course I went for Acrobat. One of my all-time favorites, not only U2-related. A real gem
  2. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

Oh yes, When I Look...they gotta play it sometime. Same for So Cruel, those tiny Zoo-versions didn't do it.

I think When I Look....could really transform live if Edge experimented more with the sound and gave it that live "lift" kind of like BTBS album < BTBS live
  3. Red Hill was never played live? Why not?
    I voted for Acrobat though
  4. Bono said he couldn't have reached that extremely high notes night after night on the Joshua Tour, and therefore they didn't play it
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]Bono said he couldn't have reached that extremely high notes night after night on the Joshua Tour, and therefore they didn't play it

Aww, that's a shame, I like that one Oh well
  6. I picked electrical storm. I think it's a great song. It's one of their experimental ones. Red Hill isn't possible. If he couldn't hit the high notes on the JT tour or Lovetown tour, than he definitely can't hit them now. Acrobat is a great song, but truly I think it's a little overrated around here. Hope I don't get yelled at for that one.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I picked electrical storm. I think it's a great song. It's one of their experimental ones. Red Hill isn't possible. If he couldn't hit the high notes on the JT tour or Lovetown tour, than he definitely can't hit them now. Acrobat is a great song, but truly I think it's a little overrated around here. Hope I don't get yelled at for that one.

i'll bite my tongue
  8. Me too

I always preferred the 'band' version of ES to the William Orbit one. That version could work.

But Acrobat, no question. Top 5 song of any artist for me. Would be hard to do though...

9. I love Acrobat beyond words, but if I'd have to chose from this list, I'd definitely love to hear Electrical Storm -- one of their best songs ever

10. Yeah, I wasn't being ENTIRELY serious...

I, for one, am extremely glad that stuff like Grace, One Step Closer and Red Light never saw the light of day outside their respective albums...
    Originally posted by djrlewis:[..]Me too

I always preferred the 'band' version of ES to the William Orbit one. That version could work.

But Acrobat, no question. Top 5 song of any artist for me. Would be hard to do though...

I prefer the 'band' take of ES too, but re. Acrobat, I kinda side with Alex, I do think people go on A LITTLE TOO much...although I still voted for it, because in my opinion it's the best of the 3 available to pick
  11. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    Yeah, I wasn't being ENTIRELY serious...

I, for one, am extremely glad that stuff like Grace, One Step Closer and Red Light never saw the light of day outside their respective albums...
    [..]
    I prefer the 'band' take of ES too, but re. Acrobat, I kinda side with Alex, I do think people go on A LITTLE TOO much...although I still voted for it, because in my opinion it's the best of the 3 available to pick

I think those aforementioned tracks work best as album tracks, not necessarily contributing to a live context, which im sure is why they weren't played, although I think Red Light could have worked during the War tour, but not outside of it

Acrobat wouldn't be as big a deal if it was played live. It would still be a great fucking song but the fact it has not been played has given it an almost mythological context haha