1. One song that's really powerful on 360 by the way is SBS. A lot of energy and raw musicality with that awesome segue from Crazy remix.
  2. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Radio broadcasts are still the best soundboards because of the inclusion of (sometimes minimal) crowd noise! Earpiece recordings and such don't have crowd noise which is too bad.

Well that would all depend on whether you give a flying fuck about crowd noise, now wouldn't it?

3. It is generally accepted that crowd noise is a big, important factor when it comes to evaluate the quality of a bootleg and its live feeling. Too much can kill the bootleg, of course, but too little/inexistant crowd noise will give an anti-natural feeling to the sound. That's what broadcasts and some soundboards (and most excellent audiences too) solve by adding a moderate amount of crowd noise. It doesn't depend on anything!
  4. While I do prefer some crowd noise, the actual performance audio is completely overruling the crowd when it comes to determining how good a bootleg is.
  5. But if you minimised the crowd out of, say, Milan 92 it would take a lot away from it, the whole energy of the bootleg?
  6. Agreed. Then again the sound isn't exactly crystal clear on that one...

Then again, it has its own charm. Overall though, sound quality is way more important than crowd noise.
  7. The crowd noise in South American bootlegs are always too loud. The audience shouldn't ever drown out the band on a bootleg.

8. Popmart Santiago has a good balance of both audience and band (imo), if you're interested.

I don't know if these bootlegs are underrated or just overlooked because they're from the October Tour, but 1981-11-22 New York and 1981-11-28 Los Angeles are really great shows. Poor October is scarcely mentioned around here, but those shows deserve a shout out.
  9. Can't remember about 11-28 but NY 11-22 is a great show&bootleg indeed.
  10. this is one of the worst and least helpful threads ever. Why do so many people post questions when the answers are found ON THIS SITE?!... "I think it was second wembly with zooropa?"= wrong..."i think it was the 8/12 1992 London show" = wrong...the tempe 12/19 gig only has 2 stars and" = wrong... "Is that the show the played two hearts beat as one?" = Look it up yourself! This topic started with a great idea and i was hopeful i would find some good underrated bootlegs = wrong... a complete waste of 5 pages. There are hidden gems on this site, unfortunately none of them(OK maybe 1 or 2 are) listed in this thread. Happy hunting to everyone else who spent time here looking for help.
  11. Originally posted by patssox95:this is one of the worst and least helpful threads ever. Why do so many people post questions when the answers are found ON THIS SITE?!... "I think it was second wembly with zooropa?"= wrong..."i think it was the 8/12 1992 London show" = wrong...the tempe 12/19 gig only has 2 stars and" = wrong... "Is that the show the played two hearts beat as one?" = Look it up yourself! This topic started with a great idea and i was hopeful i would find some good underrated bootlegs = wrong... a complete waste of 5 pages. There are hidden gems on this site, unfortunately none of them(OK maybe 1 or 2 are) listed in this thread. Happy hunting to everyone else who spent time here looking for help.

Sincerest apologies...
  12. Originally posted by patssox95:this is one of the worst and least helpful threads ever. Why do so many people post questions when the answers are found ON THIS SITE?!... "I think it was second wembly with zooropa?"= wrong..."i think it was the 8/12 1992 London show" = wrong...the tempe 12/19 gig only has 2 stars and" = wrong... "Is that the show the played two hearts beat as one?" = Look it up yourself! This topic started with a great idea and i was hopeful i would find some good underrated bootlegs = wrong... a complete waste of 5 pages. There are hidden gems on this site, unfortunately none of them(OK maybe 1 or 2 are) listed in this thread. Happy hunting to everyone else who spent time here looking for help.

Luckily your contributions to this topic were very useful.