1. I think it's their worst. Totally uninspired and just goes to show how they can't really change up their sound too much without getting criticised for it. It was supposed to be a "return to form" but there wasn't a notably catchy song on the entire album. If anything, it's an average album.
  2. Originally posted by KieranU2:I think it's their worst. Totally uninspired and just goes to show how they can't really change up their sound too much without getting criticised for it. It was supposed to be a "return to form" but there wasn't a notably catchy song on the entire album. If anything, it's an average album.

Really? I agree about the lack of sound change (not that it's a bad thing itself), but I don't think they needed to "return to form" since their previous album was very good as well. They only fucked it up live, due to the alcohol/drugs/fightings/whatever. But the music itself was good and it's remained like that imo.
  3. The music, to me, was 'heard it before, what's next?' Nothing groundbreaking. Their first three albums were very good, the following two weren't amazing but had a few outstanding songs of them. This album doesn't have a single stand-out track at all.
  4. It has a few to me. Both Beatiful War and Tonight are standouts, Supersoaker and Coming Back Again are above their previous album's average in my opinion. I will agree that no song on this album seems to get close to Sex On Fire or Use Somebody in terms of an "anthem", but Beautiful War and Supersoaker are better overal songs imo.

Closer is still my favorite song by them though. Nothing will come close to that I'm afraid. It just gets me everytime. I hope they play it when they come around.
  5. Closer and Cold Desert are still in the set
  6. Great to know But are they touring the album already or just playing some of those warming gigs or something? Damn, I should really start following news feeds from this guys, specially if I want to see them.
  7. Mostly promo shows, but seven (I think?) songs from MB were in the set when I saw them, with three from CAS and six from OBtN. Can't see many of the older songs and deeper cuts coming back in for the sake of their bigger songs, which are from the last three albums.

A few older songs do rotate, Knocked Up, the Immortals, Holy Roller, My Party, Milk, Arizona etc. setlist has been worked out and the last few shows have been warm ups for the real deal, or they've actually been proper tour billed shows.
  8. Thanks for the info It's a shame about Arizona and Milk which are true classics... Let's see if the real tour setlists are longer so those songs don't rotate, or if they stick with the same set and do rotate them. I will go on the hunt for tour dates now!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:It has a few to me. Both Beatiful War and Tonight are standouts, Supersoaker and Coming Back Again are above their previous album's average in my opinion. I will agree that no song on this album seems to get close to Sex On Fire or Use Somebody in terms of an "anthem", but Beautiful War and Supersoaker are better overal songs imo.

Closer is still my favorite song by them though. Nothing will come close to that I'm afraid. It just gets me everytime. I hope they play it when they come around.

I'm with you about Closer. I'd say it's one of the best rock songs of the last 10 years maybe.
  10. Tickets on sale today, but £61.25?