1. then give me the spiderman soundtrack, i love that song

2. It'll be butchered to shit though. Does anyone remember the 'new' version of Winter? Case closed.

3. that's mainly because it had to be shortened and turned into a soundtrack
  4. Thank God it was shortened, I couldn't stand the monks' "Oooh, oooh" at the end of the Linear version.

5. That's what did it for me.

that's mainly because it had to be shortened and turned into a soundtrack

I know that but it took a masterpiece of a song (which is hard to say of U2 post-2000s) and turned it into something quite boring. I hate short songs.

If it's not under six minutes usually I don't like it. It's just a thing I have - although some shorter songs still aren't bad.
  6. So you don't like Streets, Ultraviolet, ASOH, Stay, just to name a few?

7. I like all those. Longer songs give more room for experimenting. Think of a three-minute radio hit; there's no room to play around but with ten minutes there is.

As for those four:

Where The Streets Have No Name (5:37)
    Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (5:30)
    A Sort Of Homecoming (5:27)
    Stay (Faraway, So Close) (4:58)

I was thinking more songs like Lemon, Elvis Presley And America, Zooropa and All I Want Is You. Those run at over six minutes, closer to seven at least some of them. However, one of my very favourite U2 songs ever made is In God's Country. If I remember, that is the shortest album-song they've ever recorded like 2:56.
  8. Originally posted by drewhiggins: However, one of my very favourite U2 songs ever made is In God's Country. If I remember, that is the shortest album-song they've ever recorded like 2:56.
    That's what I wanted to hear, that's it.

If a song is long or short is not the main reason of it to be good or bad, it just isn't connected in my opinion. My favorite track of all time are Stairway To Heaven , by Led Zeppelin (8 minutes and a few seconds), and other of my favorites are much shorter (October and Acrobat by U2, Sultans Of Swing by Dire Straits, Message In A Bottle by The Police, etc etc)... To sum it up: length is not equal to greatness.
  9. It doesn't have to be overly long but sometimes songs work better either way.

Some of U2's best songs are their shortest. No Line, Moment of Surrender, Beautiful Ghost...all short songs but great.
  10. Originally posted by drewhiggins:It doesn't have to be overly long but sometimes songs work better either way.

Some of U2's best songs are their shortest. No Line, Moment of Surrender, Beautiful Ghost...all short songs but great.
    MOS is their longest so far

But I got your point, don''t worry

11. How do you know that?