1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

However, one of my very favourite U2 songs ever made is In God's Country. If I remember, that is the shortest album-song they've ever recorded like 2:56.

No, The Ocean (1:34)
  2. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

That's what did it for me.

[..]

I know that but it took a masterpiece of a song (which is hard to say of U2 post-2000s) and turned it into something quite boring. I hate short songs.

If it's not under six minutes usually I don't like it. It's just a thing I have - although some shorter songs still aren't bad.

YES, definitely butchered!!! Who thought replacing Edge's guitar and the string arrangement with piano was a good idea?

And Sergio those aren't monk "oooh,oohs" they're operatic vocalisations and I think they're much more inspired than some of their other vocalisations (like the ones at the end of MoS).

Sigh.. divine revelation...

http://www.atu2blog.com/new-u2-spiderman-song/2170/

But srsly I shouldn't have to be explaining every single observation I make, this one was pretty obvious
  3. Yeah the original one was epic. It should've been on NLOTH for sure. What bothers me (and I KNEW this would happen, i honestly called this out somewhere) is that at the golden globes, Edge was talking about it as if they wrote it FOR the movie. I mean I know he can't just say "oh it was a leftover from our latest album, and we just re-worked it", but I would've preferred the honesty. I loved the original version, It's upsetting that they changed it to a sappy slow song.

And for the record, I loved the operatic voices at the end. Made it even MORE epic, if thats possible.

4. I shouldn't have to be explaining that I don't read everything about U2 that's going on recently as I have other important things to do. So I missed this.

Thanks for pointing it out so willingly though.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Yeah the original one was epic. It should've been on NLOTH for sure. What bothers me (and I KNEW this would happen, i honestly called this out somewhere) is that at the golden globes, Edge was talking about it as if they wrote it FOR the movie. I mean I know he can't just say "oh it was a leftover from our latest album, and we just re-worked it", but I would've preferred the honesty. I loved the original version, It's upsetting that they changed it to a sappy slow song.

And for the record, I loved the operatic voices at the end. Made it even MORE epic, if thats possible.

I've actually read in a number of places that the song was indeed written because of the movie.

6. It was

"Winter" was written for the 2009 war film Brothers directed by Jim Sheridan.[1] After telling the band about the script for the film, Sheridan asked them if they would write a song for it.[1] Guitarist The Edge began to compose a piece on piano that the band thought would fit the film. As the recording progressed, it became a "conventional, straightforward arrangement" which The Edge described as "too close to the U2 sound and U2 form".[1] The track did not begin to come together until U2 viewed a rough cut of the film, with the Edge noting that "it was really at that point that we really got inspired and the song started to come together quite quickly".[1]

With the help of producer Brian Eno, the band began to work on the song from a different angle, with the result being a more stripped-down version that echoed The Edge's original piano composition. The Edge stated that the piano "seemed to be the key to making the song work... when we went back to that instrument, it seemed to lock in and start to make sense".[1] The original rock arrangement is the one in Linear, while the acoustic version is what appears in Brothers. In addition, an electronic version has also been developed.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_(U2_song)

7. I remember if you counted the Instrumental Fire at the end of Boy that's 30 seconds. I forgot all about The Ocean.
  8. As is the case with me, I prefer the six minute long epic album version of "All I Want Is You" but I prefer the single version of "Lemon". Both of these are two of my favorite U2 songs. Go figure...

P.S. I really hope U2 get into a rhythm game soon...

P.S. Guess which one of the two songs above is my all-time favorite U2 song.
  9. Originally posted by ReclinerMan:As is the case with me, I prefer the six minute long epic album version of "All I Want Is You" but I prefer the single version of "Lemon". Both of these are two of my favorite U2 songs. Go figure...

P.S. I really hope U2 get into a rhythm game soon...

P.S. Guess which one of the two songs above is my all-time favorite U2 song.

All I Want Is You. Do I win a prize?

As for those two being your favourite, they'd be mine too. Levitate scores very closely though. Now if U2 did more Levitate-ish songs, that'd be cool.

10. Hmm still doesn't work =>"Page doesn't exist"
    Nobody has another link or download...?

I even registered... It's not possible that this only doesn't exist for me

11. If it saves you any time, it was confirmed as just one of the beach clips. I unfortunately don't have it to re-up, but I'm sure a few other people do. I could be completely wrong on this too...but isn't this the one people are starting to call "All My Life"?

And it has bits and pieces of both Crazy Tonight and Breathe (again, if memory serves correctly), so I doubt this will resurface in any way on SoA, seeing as how it's been broken down and rearranged.