1. Very good example about the house on fire, Glenn. SPOT ON.

Let's not turn this into a politics thread #3, please
  2. Ok, I won't go there Sergio.
    It's just really a plague in Belgium and the Netherlands, the racism card Bart talks about. I completely understand him. I'm almost of ashamed I'm a white Belgian man. Terribly sorry.

So, the neeewwwzz : people in Japan barely have sex. (I'm not kidding)
  3. Originally posted by BelgianBono:As Bart & Sergio already said : why does the UN even bother ? It's like saying "Hmm, my house is on fire, but my kids are swearing. Better tell them not to swear ! Don't worry about the house."

The UN state that The Netherlands nominated the Sinterklaas festival for a place on some kind of UN Heritage list. That said, the UN have to check if the festival meet the criteria to be on that list.

The Netherlands deny that they nominated the Sinterklaas festival.

Also, the information the UN used to judge this case are false. Everybody in Holland would agree with me, even those against the Sinterklaas festival.

Finally, the statement that pissed of everybody isn't an official UN statement. It's the personal opinion of the head of the research group, whose research haan't even started yet.
  4. I know, but you can't say that the whole discussion it lead to isn't ridiculous when the middle east is still on fire.
  5. Have a bit of a problem with the "racism card" here too. Think it's the media's fault in many ways, because they kind of tell people who don't live a multicultural life what to think, those are most often parents and older people, also younger people that "can't get out of the ghetto", so to say. In my class that I guess you'd have to call very multicultural racism is mainly a humor thing. It's good when you can joke about things.
  6. Yeah last year we all had to take a class about "Active Pluralism" at university... Go figure

Anyway, since Sergio asked me so nicely to not go down this road, let's discuss some other news : The Vatican now has its own cricketteam !
  7. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Yeah last year we all had to take a class about "Active Pluralism" at university... Go figure

Anyway, since Sergio asked me so nicely to not go down this road, let's discuss some other news : The Vatican now has its own cricketteam !

I asked you all Thanks everybody!

Hahaha, gotta love Vatican's surreal news!!
  8. I'll definately be rooting for them.
  9. McDonald's has said it is to stop serving Heinz ketchup in its stores after 40 years.

Why?

The world's biggest fast-food chain said it would drop the ketchup after Bernardo Hees, the former head of rival Burger King, took over as Heinz's chief executive.

10. Seriously ? Hahaha
  11. A Serbian man needed emergency surgery after he had sex with a hedgehog on a witchdoctor's advice.

Zoran Nikolovic, 35, of the Serbian capital of Belgrade. Zoran was so convinced in his witch doctor’s advice that he had sex with a hedgehog when instructed to by the local healer. What was this supposed to heal, you ask? Premature ejaculation, of course. What else could possibly be cured by hedgehog sex?

Unfortunately for our friend Zoran, the hedgehog was not exactly a willing partner, and those things are feisty. Nikolovic had to have emergency surgery after the encounter. On the plus side, it’s entirely possible that the surgery will make it, ahem, more difficult for him to finish.

Nikolovic has not told his girlfriend yet, although I presume she’ll find out pretty soon. He said: “God knows what she will think of me. I don’t know whether she’s more likely to dump me for being some kind of pervert or for being such an idiot.”

He added that he went to the witch doctor because “I was so ashamed to go to a normal clinic to discuss sexual problems that I was ready to try anything. When the voodoo man suggested having sex with a hedgehog I walked out. But he guaranteed me total discretion and 100 per cent success so I decided to try it.”

While the witch doctor may have guaranteed discretion, the hospital apparently didn’t. In what is likely the hospital spokesman’s best day of work ever, he said: “The animal was apparently unhurt. The patient came off much worse from the encounter. We have carried out similar operations before, but only on people who have been in accidents. No one here has ever come across anything like it, and I doubt any of us ever will again.”
  12. http://mercadeopop.blogspot.com.es/2013/11/un-vinilo-firmado-por-los-beatles.html

A Beatles-signed vinyl in exchange for a steady job

"After almost a year being unemployed, and due to the imposibility of finding a job, I've taken a desperate decision. I'm exchanging my signed Sgt. Pepper for a steady, full-time job in Madrid. Don't care what kind of job is it, I just want to work. Feel free to write a private message if you're interested"