1. It's the album that I listen the less to, with October. like I've literally not listened to it in years. The only quite good stuff on it for me is the hits... Vertigo is fun, COBL is a really good live song, and All Because Of You is too. Other than that, I absolutely love A Man And A Woman, I was really surprised to know it has a bad reputation here.
    But this album is the one that makes me glad we got the albums afterwards. It was their lowest point musically for me, and it's the one that had the most awards or something... Really can't understand this !
  2. I’m surprised Original doesn’t get more love. I think this song is spectacular but it kind of suffers from them not getting the best mix of it imo.
  3. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:I’m surprised Original doesn’t get more love. I think this song is spectacular but it kind of suffers from them not getting the best mix of it imo.
    It's the other hidden gem of the album! It took me some time to love it, I probably never heard it properly because I had fallen asleep with One Step Closer a few minutes earlier But when I did, oh man, what a song.

It never shone live though, one of those rare songs which they didn't better on their live performances.
  4. We had Original played during our wedding ceremony. I guess it seays quite clearly how I feel about the song. And to be honest, eventhough I don't play that album much, I really like it. Always did.
  5. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:I’m surprised Original doesn’t get more love. I think this song is spectacular but it kind of suffers from them not getting the best mix of it imo.
    There is a couple of mixes they released at the time that were really good ,it's one of the best songs on the album, live they never really nailed it with Edge on Piano but the version from the Milan DVD is great with the orchestra and edge playing guitar.
  6. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:I’m surprised Original doesn’t get more love. I think this song is spectacular but it kind of suffers from them not getting the best mix of it imo.
    I think the album version is perfect. They shouldn't have changed anything for the single release and video.
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I think the album version is perfect. They shouldn't have changed anything for the single release and video.
    And what a video it is, too.
  8. HTDAAB > ALYCLB in my opinion. The latter album gets more recognition, but I think Bomb is a little more engaging. I would say it still falls somewhere towards the bottom of their all albums though...but that’s because I think their run from Boy to Zooropa was incredible in terms of quality of output. Also, I think SOI and SOE are better too.
  9. Original Of The Species is one of my favourties from Bomb but I don't often listen to it which is a shame! Is it the single mix that has more outro vocals? I'll need to revist!
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahaha, yeah, you definitely come across like a hit-digger. But having Zooropa and UV up high definitely redeems you a bit!

Good is good, and songs that are hits, are hits for a reason, because they strike a chord with the general masses. As a fan of Kiss as well, I know I never wanna hear Rock N Roll All Nite for the rest of my life.
  11. I don't think any u2 album has been as great as the Joshua tree or actung baby, and I'm talking about every track it n the album, not just 4 or 5 tracks.
  12. I mean can you see them doing a tour and playing the whole pop album??? I don't.